Horseriders want Sychnant Pass speed limit slashed to 30mph
Horseriders want the speed limit on the Sychnant Pass cut to 30 miles per hour.
The calls were made at a meeting held after a horse was killed when it was struck by a car last month.
The animal, called Digby, died in the accident on September 28 and its owner Gillian Singleton escaped with minor injuries.
More than 100 people attended Monday night’s meeting held at the Guildhall in Conwy, which was organised by the local councillor Sara Allardice.
Horserider Wendy Tobias Jones said it was “standing room only” which reflected the level of concern about the 60mph limit on the pass.
She said:... read more
- 12:33 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:32 UK retail sales continue to disappoint in April
- 12:31 Film festival returns to The Dukes in Lancaster
- 12:31 Indian dancing session at Halton Mill
- 12:30 Celebrations as £2m campaign completed
- 12:30 'Alcohol' pilots cleared after evidence blunder
- 12:30 Durham clash is now crucial for the County
- 12:29 Do you know how to look after your bra properly? When to wash and...
- 12:29 Swaziland has a new name - eSwatini - but what else has changed?
- 12:29 Lincolnshire ranked as one of the safest counties in England and Wales
- 12:29 Michael Cohen: Trump's lawyer to plead Fifth Amendment in Daniels case
- 12:29 Employees go the extra mile for Hatton Park based children’s charity
- 12:28 Major planning hurdle cleared for Harrogate Town's stadium overhaul
- 12:27 How much will Jose Mourinho want to beat Arsene Wenger one last...
- 12:27 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman admits he's unsure of...
- 12:27 Former Manchester United boss Louis Van Gaal claims that he has...
- 12:27 NFL Draft 2018: Josh Allen set for Cleveland Browns NOT Sam Darnold...
- 12:27 School’s out for good: Some of the Fylde coast’s lost schools
- 12:24 Serious damage caused to Royal Bank of Scotland building in Matlock...
- 12:24 Knife crime jumps to highest level since records began
- 12:23 Cyclist 'knocked down by van which crashed into pub'
- 12:23 This is why the Library of Birmingham will be lit orange tonight
- 12:24 ‘Get tough on those who abuse elderly’
- 12:23 Jack Grealish accepted his Aston Villa award with a cheeky...
- 12:23 Sam Johnstone's Aston Villa future: What we know so far
- 12:23 Leeds Building Society launches new tracker cash Isa linked to Bank...
- 12:23 South Staffs Water release statement after Leabrook Road North in...
- 12:23 Musical fundraiser to safeguard Sheffield school's Classics course
- 12:23 BBC shelves Human Planet after doubts cast on whale-hunting scene