Horseriders want Sychnant Pass speed limit slashed to 30mph
Horseriders want the speed limit on the Sychnant Pass cut to 30 miles per hour.
The calls were made at a meeting held after a horse was killed when it was struck by a car last month.
The animal, called Digby, died in the accident on September 28 and its owner Gillian Singleton escaped with minor injuries.
More than 100 people attended Monday night’s meeting held at the Guildhall in Conwy, which was organised by the local councillor Sara Allardice.
Horserider Wendy Tobias Jones said it was “standing room only” which reflected the level of concern about the 60mph limit on the pass.
She said:... read more
- 10:53 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:53 North East Chemists chain sold to Milton Keynes firm
- 10:53 Neymar says his controversial red card for PSG was unfair
- 10:53 Typhoon Lan video: HUGE waves batter Japan as deadly storm leaves...
- 10:53 Private hospital operator Spire Healthcare rejects £1billion...
- 10:53 George Clooney desperate for ‘women to feel safe’ as he urges a...
- 10:53 Shane Richie teases that shock EastEnders affair that was planned...
- 10:52 Plan reflects Blackpool club’s changing fortunes
- 10:52 Fylde MP wants spring start for new link road
- 10:52 Thirteen more storms set to hit Britain this winter
- 10:52 Government health officials slam star Calvin Harris for claiming...
- 10:51 Khabib Nurmagomedov’s next fight seemingly revealed by Joe Rogan
- 10:51 Foreign visitors will now be charged to use the NHS
- 10:50 'Dreamflight gives everybody a chance to do something amazing'
- 10:50 'Holiday of a lifetime': Sick children overjoyed on Dreamflight...
- 10:50 Jobcentre staff strike over closure of Sheffield office
- 10:50 Woman charged with murdering boy aged 18 months who fell from...
- 10:50 Sheffield NHS bosses monitoring 'shambolic' private ambulance...
- 10:50 PICTURES: Redbrik Chesterfield Half Marathon 2017
- 10:50 Fire in Sheffield park was arson attack
- 10:48 Man has arm broken after being hit with metal pole in Morecambe
- 10:48 Antonio Conte to hand Charly Musonda a lifeline after...
- 10:47 Nightmare on Cornwall Street: Building work in city centre has left...
- 10:47 Investigation launched after thieves drill into fuel tanks and...
- 10:47 Sam Smith feels as ‘much as a woman as a man’ as he opens up about...
- 10:47 Police release image of missing 13-year-old girl
- 10:47 War veteran to receive fitting send-off after public appeal
- 10:47 Expecting women to ‘Ride or Die’ is so boringly lame
- 10:46 Blackpool: From the courts 23-10-17
- 10:45 Grimsby's Central Hall awarded £10k grant to create 'vibrant arts...