Horse protest brings roads to a standstill to encourage drivers to slow down
Campaigners for safer driving around horses got in the saddle on Sunday morning to raise awareness of the need to slow down around the animals.
The Make It Law campaign visited Wollaton Hall before setting off along some of Nottingham's busiest roads to drive home their message.
There have been 13 reported collisions on the roads between cars and ridden horses in the last six years, eight of which were in 60mph areas.
Read more: Horrific footage shows woman get run over on pedestrian crossing
Marshals held up traffic to allow the group to pass down the busy roads. The 60-strong group... read more
- 11:17 Aston Villa explain the future of their matchday programme after...
- 11:17 Former Aston Villa star attacked in Magaluf bar and rushed to hospital
- 11:17 'About time' a woman presented Question Time, says Culture Secretary
- 11:17 Mansfield students sell own wears at market
- 11:16 Man charged with Kingsley murder appears at Northampton court
- 11:16 Rugby fans to get first glimpse of new 10,000 seater stadium
- 11:14 Puffins could be about to become extinct
- 11:14 Donald Trump ‘threw Starbursts at Angela Merkel’ during heated...
- 11:13 Seven free outdoor activities for children in Edinburgh and the...
- 11:12 Sergio Ramos hits back at Diego Maradona, Queiroz and Iran
- 11:12 Grieving woman blasts state of Newhall Cemetery after digger churns...
- 11:12 Hallelujah! Blackpool pupils are a class act
- 11:12 Are you set to lose WhatsApp because your phone's too old? These...
- 11:11 Revealed: Canada uses massive US anti-terrorist database at borders
- 11:11 Is it justifiable to harass those who enforce Trump's immigration...
- 11:11 Tesla sues former employee accused of stealing ‘gigabytes’ of data
- 11:10 Painted pebbles show talent
- 11:10 Competition: Win tickets to Burnley's Reel Cinema
- 11:10 Four nurseries at risk of closure as funding is 'cut to the bone'
- 11:10 Summer fete at Burnley school will boost fund for major...
- 11:10 Hull parents criticise school which ordered 'smart and tidy' kids...
- 11:09 Ofsted chief backs calls to ban mobile phones in schools
- 11:09 World Cup briefing: Germany urged to drop Mesut Ozil after Mexico...
- 11:09 Liverpool transfer news: Emre Can arrives in Turin for medical
- 11:08 Users of phones running on certain operating systems are set to...
- 11:08 Broxtowe MP receives death threats in a card
- 11:08 Man charged with murder after body found in grassland
- 11:06 SCHOOL DAYS: Balmoral County Secondary School
- 11:06 Man appears in court charged with attempting to murder two women...
- 11:06 Spearmint Rhino's licence renewed by councillors