Hooton Park airfield comes back to life for aviation show
Colin Schroeder An historic World War One airfield near Ellesmere Port echoed once again to the roar of aero engines.
The Hooton Park airfield was hosting The Aeroplane Collections Aviation and Transport show.
A 1917 hangar had on display aircraft cockpits, including a Harrier jump jet and a Tornado. Aircraft on show were a Sioux helicopter and a German V1 doodlebug flying bomb, a Slingsby glider, a 1930s Luton Minor and an Auster.
Read More Hooton Park air base throws 1940s weekend
In other areas of the hangar, Trojan Racing had Scalextric circuit racing, Romiley Railway Modellers brought... read more
- 11:53 Weekend food festival cancelled due to threat of high winds
- 11:53 Four men jailed for burglaries across Tamworth
- 11:53 Tony Pulis discusses West Brom's scoring issues - and addressing...
- 11:53 Couple arrested for leaving 'bag of drugs' at Birmingham steakhouse...
- 11:53 Let's Rock the North East retro festival to take place in...
- 11:52 TRICK OR TREAT: Where to get your Halloween costumes
- 11:51 Politics could derail Reston Station project
- 11:51 Banbury United FC ground sold as part of merger for Brackley...
- 11:51 Revealed: The reasons why Coventry City owners Sisu were granted...
- 11:50 When will 'weather bomb' Storm Brian hit Burton and South Derbyshire?
- 11:49 ‘Nonsense’ to merge Kenilworth and south Coventry to make new...
- 11:49 Crown court date for motorbike thief
- 11:49 Stunning Orionid meteor shower arrives tonight - here's the best...
- 11:49 Athletics: East Kilbride kids inspired after visit from Team GB...
- 11:49 Top class ballet on the big screen
- 11:49 Stirling Albion look to bounce back from Scottish Cup shocker with...
- 11:49 Kobe Steel uncovers more evidence of quality mistakes
- 11:49 Construction begins on Ripley hospital blood test extension
- 11:49 QUICK QUIZ: This week in questions...
- 11:49 TRICK OR TREAT: Where to get your Halloween costumes
- 11:48 QUICK QUIZ: This week in questions...
- 11:48 Officers searching for missing Leeds man
- 11:48 TRICK OR TREAT: Where to get your Halloween costumes
- 11:48 'Bored' 16-year-old picked up by police at 2am driving sister's car
- 11:47 Factory worker cheated death after being CRUSHED by giant cable drum
- 11:47 Gran Turismo Sport: reviews, car list and release
- 11:47 Neal Preston: Exhilarated and exhausted
- 11:47 The best face oils for autumn
- 11:46 ‘I did all this for the old folk’
- 11:46 Stargazers - get ready for the 'most beautiful' Orionid meteor...