Hong Kong stocks rise, China Evergrande surges on backdoor listing plan
Oct 4 Hong Kong stocks posted modest gains on Tuesday led by consumer staples and a rally in developer China Evergrande, but gains were capped by concerns that more cities in China may take steps to cool surging property prices.
The benchmark Hang Seng Index ended up 0.5 percent at 23,689.44 points, while the China Enterprises Index gained 0.8 percent at 9,756.77.
China Evergrande surged 12 percent at one point after it said it planned to inject almost all of its property assets into a Shenzhen-listed firm, orchestrating a backdoor listing in the mainland. The stock ended 8.2 percent.
But... read more
- 16:06 Chapecoense fans turn out to watch training as they get a first...
- 16:06 Ashfield’s Community hub set to open
- 16:05 Aston Villa plot move for Premier League striker after missing out...
- 16:05 Red Bull boss speaks out on Valtteri Bottas to Mercedes: This is...
- 16:05 U.N. rights expert criticises Myanmar over Rohingya crackdown
- 16:05 Islamic State car bomb kills five Turkish soldiers near Syria's...
- 16:05 BlackRock says hired former Chancellor of the Exchequer Osborne as...
- 16:05 Investigation into New Year’s Day sexual assault ongoing
- 16:05 Gwynedd lorry crash forces restaurant to close
- 16:05 BT price hike for all broadband and TV users
- 16:04 Man dies after leaving Job Centre despite being found ‘fit to work’
- 16:04 Flood barrier ‘needs to be in place as soon as possible’ says leader
- 16:04 Kiran Daudia: Man accused of murdering ex-wife and dumping her body...
- 16:03 Carlisle carer stole cash from disabled woman she said was a friend
- 16:03 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Residents in Clifton Village call for action over "eyesore" Old...
- 16:01 Marseille table new £26m bid for Dimitri Payet: West Ham to make...
- 16:01 NORTH WEST ROADWORKS: 23-29 January 2017
- 16:01 Osborne to join BlackRock as adviser
- 16:01 Search for man’s next of kin
- 15:59 Labour hopes English nationalism will win them the West Midlands...
- 15:59 How much you could lose if the property market crashes in 2017
- 15:59 LA club experience inspired composer's disco-style piece
- 15:59 Violent protests erupt as Donald Trump sworn in as 45th president...
- 15:59 When is the spring half term? All the key school dates for 2017
- 15:59 Driver failed to stop at crash
- 15:59 Think twice before using your toothbrush... it's covered in...
- 15:59 Chatsworth wedding fair this weekend
- 15:58 U.S. bankers tell Europeans to think positively on Trump
- 15:56 Can YOU solve the maths problem baffling the internet? Man enrages...