Hong Kong stocks dip, China shares flat; China economic data in focus
* SSEC 0.1 pct, CSI300 0.0 pct, HSI -0.4 pct
* China economic data in focus this week - trader
* China economy likely grew 6.7 pct in Q3 - Reuters poll
SHANGHAI, Oct 17 Hong Kong shares edged lower while Chinese stocks were largely flat on Monday as investors curbed their risk appetite ahead of a slew of China data this week that will paint a clearer picture of the world's second largest economy.
But there are no signs of panic selling despite continued weakness in the yuan, which some traders attribute mainly to the prospects of a U.S. rate hike in December, rather than rapid deterioration... read more
- 17:18 Jura island course creator has designs on golf conference
- 17:17 When do you need to spend your old fivers by?
- 17:17 Swiss watchmakers cautiously optimistic for U.S., China in 2017
- 17:16 Nico Rosberg claims Valtteri Bottas is a 'great solution' to...
- 17:16 Top tips if you’re heading to the slopes this season
- 17:15 Horsefair Street bus lane: More than 300 drivers were caught...
- 17:14 Avian flu found in second 6,000 bird strong flock of turkeys in...
- 17:14 Report highlights college’s success
- 17:14 Sheffield man's night of drinking with friend ended in 'terrifying'...
- 17:13 Birmingham City transfers: Gianfranco Zola set for double defender...
- 17:13 Why Aston Villa might as well start engraving their...
- 17:13 Aston Villa, Birmingham City, Wolves: The odds on who will finish...
- 17:13 Cohen Bramall rates his Arsenal debut after Under-23s appearance
- 17:13 Conor McGregor's Manchester black tie event to be streamed live on...
- 17:13 Chelsea ace speaks out after signing deal: I am very happy, it's...
- 17:12 16 global beach festivals you have to visit in 2017
- 17:11 Britain's FTSE falls most since June 2016 after PM May's Brexit speech
- 17:11 Gambia's President Jammeh declares state of emergency
- 17:11 Cats Protection charity shop in Morecambe shuts down
- 17:11 Chairs will give dads of newborns a place to rest at Warwick Hospital
- 17:11 Nigerian air force kills civilians by accident in northeastern...
- 17:11 Council tax rise planned for Calderdale residents
- 17:10 Man and wife councillors received a court summons over £700 unpaid...
- 17:09 Identity of fatal house fire victim is revealed by coroner’s office
- 17:09 Manchester United winning the FA Cup was the biggest achievement of...
- 17:09 State of emergency declared in The Gambia
- 17:09 Rape victims' champion who made legal history to be laid to rest in...
- 17:09 Hunt for Ben Geraghty wanted after string of violent crimes in Hull
- 17:09 The seven things Hull learnt from Theresa May's Brexit speech
- 17:09 Body anxious teens avoid PE, says report