Hong Kong shares rise on China inflation data but slide on week
Oct 14 Hong Kong stocks ended a bearish week on an upbeat note on Friday after China's producer prices unexpectedly rose for the first time in nearly five years, easing some of the pressure on Chinese miners and manufacturers.
The Hang Seng index rose 0.9 percent to 23,233.31 points, while the China Enterprises Index gained 1.1 percent to 9,601.40.
But for the week, the Hang Seng dropped 2.6 percent, its worst weekly performance in a month.
After a strong third quarter, the Hong Kong market has recoiled amid a resurgence in global volatility ahead of the U.S. presidential election in... read more
- 10:24 Cars damaged in Asda petrol station blaze
- 10:22 Strictly Come Dancing 2017: Viewers SLAM Louise Redknapp over epic...
- 10:22 Taxi marshals return to Bridlington
- 10:21 School kids injured in 'serious' three-vehicle crash as two taken...
- 10:21 Businessman offers £100k reward for information on missing RAF man...
- 10:21 New Grantham maternity hub provides parents with all services...
- 10:20 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:20 Arsonists strike three times across South Yorkshire
- 10:20 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Bradford police seeking man after woman seriously injured in crash
- 10:19 Changes to bin collections over Christmas
- 10:19 Chesterfield chippy launches Christmas dinner menu - including deep...
- 10:19 When Victoria Street was focal point of city's shopping experience
- 10:18 Sky and BT strike deal which Leicester City fans will celebrate
- 10:18 M62 lane closure near Brighouse after vehicle overturns
- 10:17 Can't stop taking pictures of yourself? Then you might have 'selfitis'
- 10:17 Wladimir Klitschko: Anthony Joshua can unify the heavyweight division
- 10:17 HOLBEACH PARISH COUNCIL: New grants policy is adopted
- 10:17 Aljaz Bedene informs the ITF he is turning his back on Britain to...
- 10:16 Shkodran Mustafi back in training but Aaron Ramsey could be out...
- 10:16 Police boss says Force will put communities ahead of cost with £30m...
- 10:16 How we must all meet the challenge of tackling loneliness
- 10:15 Cumbria County council issue plea to find selfless carers for new...
- 10:14 Australia captain Steven Smith closes in on century as England post...
- 10:14 Celtic must get rid of European 'nerves' if they have any chance of...
- 10:14 Firm’s technical five star Blackpool hotel challenge
- 10:14 East Kilbride Road Club celebrate their best-ever season
- 10:14 Mansfield and district crime report
- 10:13 Playground and basketball court to be created on village green
- 10:12 Premier League preview: Can Man City be stopped?