Hong Kong shares rise, boosted by Galaxy Entertainment
Oct 3 Hong Kong stocks rose more than 1 percent on Monday, lifted by casino shares such as Galaxy Entertainment Group, after the world's biggest casino hub of Macau posted a better than expected rise in gambling revenue in September.
The benchmark Hang Seng Index rose more than 1 percent to 23,582.84 in early afternoon trade, rebounding from a 1.9 percent drop on Friday when global markets were rocked by worries about Deutsche Bank's financial health.
The China Enterprises Index gained 1 percent to 9691.18, putting Hong Kong shares on a solid footing at the start of the fourth quarter.
Some... read more
- 06:19 Friction between Man Utd ace Paul Pogba and Jose Mourinho is normal...
- 06:16 Conor McGregor talks up Nate Diaz trilogy fight before KO’ing Floyd...
- 06:16 Man Utd news: Paul Pogba needs to be more like Man City star Kevin...
- 06:16 Fantasy Premier League tips: In-form Fantasy Football players ahead...
- 06:16 Harry Kane: Tottenham ‘turn down’ £177m Real Madrid bid
- 06:16 Liverpool news: Mohamed Salah reveals secret to incredible form
- 06:16 River Island hires child models with disabilities for their...
- 06:15 Islamic State 'Beatles': US and UK talk about fate of duo
- 06:13 Banks must lead banishing of anti-business sentiments
- 06:13 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:13 Theresa May refuses calls to give transport bosses in North same...
- 06:11 Don’t miss out on chance to have your say on keeping Hartlepool safe
- 06:11 Motorist caught by police while under the influence of drugs
- 06:11 Retirement age for police power station workers to be reviewed
- 06:11 MP calls for services to be brought back to Hartlepool’s hospital
- 06:11 People from Hartlepool in court for charges including theft and...
- 06:11 Hartlepool has one of the highest rates in the North East for...
- 06:09 Karate kids kick off season in style
- 06:09 Playwright aims to tell story of pioneering female footballer
- 06:09 Disabled man’s seat sparks safety row at South Shields flats
- 06:09 South Tyneside has region’s lowest rate of secondary school exclusions
- 06:09 New figures show big increase in cyber sex offences against children
- 06:07 Sunderland manager Chris Coleman praises ‘brilliant’ night at...
- 06:06 Roving night shelter set to launch in Wellingborough soon
- 06:06 Rushden chicken farm plans recommended for refusal
- 06:06 Kettering choir’s fundraising efforts help air ambulance
- 06:06 New bus masterplan aims to keep Leeds on the move
- 06:06 Kettering street ‘riddled’ with flies after waste dumped
- 06:05 Roddy Smith: Bidding to be best – how businesses improve the city...
- 06:05 Ilona Amos: Every time you do the laundry you damage the environment