Hong Kong shares follow Asia lower on worries over US rates, Brexit
Oct 12 Hong Kong stocks fell on Wednesday as global markets enter a period of rising uncertainty, with investors bracing for the U.S. presidential election, a possible U.S. rate hike and bruising negotiations on Britain's exit from the European Union.
The Hang Seng index fell 0.6 percent to 23,407.05 points, while the China Enterprises Index lost 1.3 percent to 9,673.20.
Hong Kong stocks followed Asian markets lower after U.S. stocks dropped over 1 percent overnight, with the dollar and Treasury yields rising on growing expectations of a U.S. rate hike in December.
The recent slump in the... read more
- 00:46 Chile abortion bill: 'My pregnancy was torture'
- 00:38 Spoilers: Andy Sugden? Amy Wyatt? Who is returning to Emmerdale in...
- 00:34 Wedding ring found on growing carrot
- 00:30 Germany's 'hidden champions' of the Mittelstand
- 00:29 Record-shattering 2.7 MILLION-year-old ice core drilled from...
- 00:29 Want to make new friends? Women who talk about their favourite TV...
- 00:29 Look, no hands! $399 camera necklace lets you livestream videos...
- 00:29 How pollution makes its way to the ocean floor: Deep-sea footage...
- 00:27 I am 70: The shopkeeper who lived through Kashmir's wars
- 00:27 China bans weird and long company names
- 00:26 Teenagers to find out A-level results
- 00:26 Stevie Ward: Leeds Rhinos star is perfect role model for all of...
- 00:24 US calls for 'major' Nafta overhaul
- 00:19 10 common myths about schizophrenia that are just not true
- 00:18 Freeze-dried dung gives clue to Asian elephant stress
- 00:17 Got your A-level results? Here’s how to decide where you want to go...
- 00:17 Didn’t get the A-level results you wanted? Here’s what you should do
- 00:17 You’ve missed your university offers – so how does Clearing work?
- 00:15 Virgil van Dijk in London: Chelsea target’s location exposed on...
- 00:15 Christian Pulisic to Liverpool: Star prefers move to Real Madrid or...
- 00:14 Cumbrian teen to meet Prime Minister today
- 00:13 Call for extra care home places as demand predicted to soar
- 00:13 Terror hotline tip-offs soar by 600 per cent after UK attacks
- 00:13 A-level results: Top tips for caring parents
- 00:13 A-level results: Finding your perfect course through the clearing...
- 00:13 A-Level Results Day 2017: Students receive grades after major shake-up
- 00:13 This is why children and teenagers eating breakfast is so important
- 00:11 Brum bin workers crush council cut
- 00:07 Trump happy Kim has delayed plans
- 00:07 Palestine: Protesters shot at trying to prevent house demolition