Hong Kong shares end lower, China GDP data fails to excite
Oct 19 Hong Kong shares fell on Wednesday, giving up some of the previous session's solid gains, as China's economic growth data did little to prop up fragile investor sentiment.
The Hang Seng index fell 0.4 percent, to 23,304.97, while the China Enterprises Index lost 0.8 percent, to 9,641.22 points.
There was little surprise from China's third quarter gross domestic product (GDP) data. The economy grew 6.7 percent from a year earlier, steady from the previous quarter, as increased government spending and a property boom offset stubbornly weak exports.
And a morning rally in Chinese state... read more
- 01:53 Kyrie Irving SHUTS down LeBron James heckle with obscene response -...
- 01:38 Bradford baby death: Woman arrested on suspicion of murder
- 01:38 Labour demands changes to Brexit repeal bill
- 01:35 Will Australia's 'miracle economy' keep on winning?
- 01:33 EastEnders spoilers: Will Ian Beale find Jane after her disappearance?
- 01:27 Why more people are running marathons in all 50 US states
- 01:22 Woman, 23, arrested as baby dies after fall from sixth-floor window
- 01:22 10 great new scary movies to watch on Netflix
- 01:22 Former Eton pupil named as mastermind behind alleged multi-million...
- 01:20 Valencia 4-0 Sevilla: Simone Zaza scores again as Marcelino Garcia...
- 01:14 Hamburg 0-1 Bayern Munich: Champions go level with Borussia...
- 01:14 West Brom star Jonny Evans set for scan on groin injury as Northern...
- 01:14 Peterborough chairman Darragh MacAnthony offers £1,000 reward for...
- 01:12 Partition 70 years on: When tribal warriors invaded Kashmir
- 01:12 Indonesia's secret nudist community defying the law
- 01:12 WHO chief 'rethinking' Robert Mugabe's appointment
- 01:10 Home-buying to be 'faster and less stressful' following review
- 00:59 Monaco 2-0 Caen: Ligue 1 champions stay on PSG's tail after Keita...
- 00:59 Director of rugby Dai Young focused on 'turning things around at...
- 00:59 Anthony Joshua shows off his speed and readiness for Carlos Takam...
- 00:57 Brexit: Why a transition period may not buy more time for talks
- 00:56 Advice to patients to fast before surgery may be scrapped after...
- 00:56 Emmerdale spoilers: Cain Dingle saves Moira after she hits rock...
- 00:54 Ryan Burnett BEATS Zhanat Zhakiyanov to create boxing history
- 00:54 Darren Till shocks MMA with first round KO of Donald Cerrone in...
- 00:48 Ruth Sunderland: Mail on Sunday to campaign for a skilled ombudsman...
- 00:48 Scholes miss chance to move above leaders Morley
- 00:48 Hospitals spend £140 million on ‘rotting teeth’ in children
- 00:48 Kyron Webb Moston stabbing: Teens charged with murder
- 00:43 How Wim Wenders put the snap back into Polaroids