Hong Kong Open doubles final a match too far for Heather Watson and Naomi Broady
Heather Watson and Naomi Broady were well beaten by a top-seeded sister act in the doubles final at the Hong Kong Open.
Chan Hao-ching and Chan Yung-jan, of Chinese Taipei, rolled to a 6-3 6-1 victory over the British pair in just an hour and two minutes.
Reviving a partnership that saw them win through two rounds at Wimbledon this year, Watson and Broady enjoyed a strong week in the doubles after early singles exits.
It was their first final together, but the long-standing friends found their experienced opponents overwhelmingly too strong.
The Chan siblings collected their third trophy of... read more
- 10:36 Scunthorpe Hospital staff throw stunning ball - pictures
- 10:36 Tai Woffinden secures silver medal in Australia
- 10:36 Scunthorpe United always looked in control against Chesterfield:...
- 10:35 Firefighters tackle blaze at Lake District hotel
- 10:35 Burghley Park Cricket Club needs a new groundsman for 2017 season
- 10:33 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:32 Thousands of tree packs available to Grantham schools and community...
- 10:30 BMA urges helpline for patients addicted to prescription drugs
- 10:28 Jose Mourinho admits 'special one' status dependent on Manchester...
- 10:28 Bus thief jailed after leaving three-mile trail of destruction
- 10:27 PHOTO GALLERY: Day ap-peals to all as hundreds head to Gunby
- 10:24 X Factor host Dermot O'Leary lends support to campaign to find...
- 10:24 Justin Thomas overturns four-shot deficit to successfully defend...
- 10:23 St Mary's Creative Space in Chester unveil next two shows at city...
- 10:23 Cadets chosen to work alongside Lord Lieutenant of Rutland
- 10:23 Reformer Club of the Week: Kihonkai Karate Club
- 10:22 Liverpool University chief says city MUST stay open to...
- 10:19 Tumble dryer caused Eckington blaze
- 10:19 Why you think Derbyshire café Tyme Coffee Lounge was right about...
- 10:18 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...
- 10:18 Ukip leadership: Shrewsbury's Suzanne Evans announces bid to...
- 10:18 Spain's Socialists seen clearing the way for end to political deadlock
- 10:17 US election: Clinton says she will focus on issues, not Trump
- 10:17 Watch historical Sneinton change through the ages
- 10:17 23 more people who have been dodging tram fares
- 10:16 Police get six more days to question Tube package arrest man
- 10:16 Morris returns to sink Rangers with hat-trick
- 10:16 Star fears for his Man United future as Jose Mourinho eyes...
- 10:14 COLUMN: It’s time to address your cyber security
- 10:14 Second independence referendum unlikely 'any time soon', says...