Homeless Ellie Brown and Chantal Whittingham first to find respite at Hotdoggers Café in Hull
A new café helping the homeless has welcomed its first recruits who will be given a roof over their heads and employment as a result.
The Hotdoggers Café in Spring Bank will employ the homeless and train them in cooking skills in return for a place to call home.
The project is aimed at helping break the cycle of homelessness, which sees the people moving from hostel to hostel and unable to find employment.
Ellie Brown and Chantal Whittingham will be the first residents at the café.
Read more: Lorry driver charged after Spring Bank deaths of Zena Jackson and daughter Cidalia
Ms Brown, 18,... read more
- 13:06 Kids build their own fun
- 13:06 Boyfriend admits stabbing to death Santa tour worker in Lapland
- 13:06 Students reveal 'extreme stress' caused by GCSE grading reshuffle...
- 13:06 Celtic earned more cash for Rangers than Pedro Caixinha – Hotline
- 13:06 Campaign over fears developer wants to build new houses on Bidston...
- 13:06 Pools of blood found after man 'stabbed' at holiday park
- 13:03 Snowdon track most popular in Britain with walkers
- 13:03 'Proud' Llangernyw farmer shot himself in chest with shotgun
- 13:02 Bright future for kids
- 13:02 Violent break-in gave woman a heart attack
- 13:02 Abandoned car on fire
- 13:02 Mankad century not enough to guide Wardens into final as K&D...
- 13:02 Brewery u-turns after uproar over removal of 'landmark' Retford gates
- 13:02 The secret signs burglars are using to mark houses before raids
- 13:01 Avengers Infinity War: Guess which Marvel regular has been...
- 12:58 Fantasy Football Tips: The best captain options assessed for...
- 12:56 The look of love! Pregnant April Love Geary, 22, cradles her baby...
- 12:56 'My dream man!' Sheridan Smith dedicates gushing Instagram post to...
- 12:56 Lacy... and VERY racy! TOWIE's Yazmin Oukhellou shows off her...
- 12:56 Frill-ing flirty! Leggy Chloe Crowhurst teases at her ample...
- 12:56 Make-up free Thandie Newton teases at her saucy bralet in...
- 12:56 'She's an embarrassment!': GMB Today viewers SLAM Kate Garraway...
- 12:54 Cockermouth draws up friendship declaration with new sister city
- 12:53 Samuel L Jackson and Magic Johnson mistaken for migrants splurging...
- 12:51 Customers' water use 'underestimated by utility firms and government'
- 12:51 Personal data on social media sparks huge rise in identity fraud
- 12:50 Sorry everyone, but pudding is actually terrible
- 12:50 Newcastle Transfer News: Rafa Benitez expecting plenty of business...
- 12:50 Clothing firm to fight Kirklees Council cladding ban
- 12:50 West Cumbrian town hall must not become museum, say councillors