Home Secretary targets landlords, banks and bosses in illegal immigration purge
The Home Secretary has announced a crackdown on illegal immigration and set out tough new measures to deport foreign criminals.
Amber Rudd laid out a three-stage plan to slash the numbers coming into Britain and announced a £140 million fund to help ease the strain on public services in places with high levels of immigration.
And she reissued the pledge to get immigration numbers down to the tens of thousands - but warned this "will not happen overnight".
In her first speech to the Conservative Party conference as Home Secretary, she told activists the vote to leave the EU was a... read more
- 21:17 Did you buy a 32GB iPhone 7? Then it could be EIGHT TIMES slower...
- 21:17 Jupiter becomes a massive smiley face in one of the last images...
- 21:17 How long should you let your kids go online for? Experts reveal...
- 21:14 Is Wonder Woman qualified to be a UN ambassador?
- 21:14 At least 53 dead after overloaded train derails in Cameroon
- 21:12 Wall Street ends flat; Microsoft rallies, healthcare falls
- 21:07 Scales of Justice: Harassment, criminal damage and assault
- 21:05 Former Royal Navy seaman jailed for exposing himself to women on buses
- 21:05 Watch Facebook pervert get snared by Dark Justice as he turn up to...
- 21:04 Chester's Northgate Arena shows it has solar flare
- 21:04 Walton Centre is named one of the best hospitals in the country
- 21:00 Toddler rushed to hospital with fractured skull after falling down...
- 20:59 Trafford Centre shoppers love 'John at The Orient' so much they...
- 20:58 Mòd set for Inverness in 2020 as it draws to a close in Western Isles
- 20:57 Speculators lift U.S. dollar bets to highest since late January...
- 20:52 U.N. appoints Wonder Woman as honorary ambassador amid outcry
- 20:44 Peru's wealthy president mocked for complaining about salary
- 20:42 PayPal says some customers unable to make payments due to cyber...
- 20:42 Aldi shoppers are warned to avoid Facebook voucher scam which could...
- 20:42 Two-wheel drive: China tech giants bet on 'Uber for bikes' in hunt...
- 20:42 New York governor approves new regulations on Airbnb
- 20:35 New signing frustrated at Arsenal: I expected more of a starring role
- 20:33 Cheeky eBay user wants you to make him a millionaire - by buying...
- 20:28 Men bailed after dog found buried alive near Redcar with nail...
- 20:26 Invest in farmers to curb migration to urban slums, cities told
- 20:25 Clash over festive trees
- 20:25 Snapped: Liverpool star attempts to beef up as he looks to get back...
- 20:25 Four fire engines sent out to incident in Stone Lane, Chesterfield
- 20:24 Mexico missing students: Ex-police chief in Iguala arrested
- 20:22 Man United injury woes: Ace set for lengthy stint on the sidelines