Holiday nightmare...pound could be worth THE SAME as the euro by your next European vacation
Currency experts warn that the pound could reach parity with the euro next year - spiking the price of a European break.
Sterling fell 0.68% today to fresh five-year lows against the euro at 1.137, its lowest since October 2011.
This compares to more than 1.30 euros to the pound prior to the Brexit vote in June.
Now there has been a warning that by 2017 the pound could be worth the same as the euro.
Read More Watch 'Breakfast/Brexit' gaffe that left Welsh Tory leader with egg on his face
It would mean more expensive European trips for Uk holidaymakers but could boost the tourism industry in... read more
- 08:06 All sold out at Warwick's newest business park
- 08:06 Village waste operator prosecuted for planning offences
- 08:06 BT auditing under investigation
- 08:06 This is the country where most Brits are being arrested
- 08:05 Ashraf’s efforts prove in vain for Cleckheaton
- 08:05 Model Sonny Turner sums up the struggle of shopping for a bikini as...
- 08:04 Which Premier League stadium sees the highest yearly rainfall?
- 08:04 Trespass warning as police name boy who died at DIRFT
- 08:04 British and Irish Lions captain Sam Warburton calls for a response...
- 08:03 Value of George Formby ukulele shows the importance of musical history
- 08:01 South Yorkshire Police 'thrown under the bus' over tree-felling...
- 08:00 Melton schools receive special anti-bullying awards
- 08:00 Reduction in opening times at Northumberland police stations
- 07:59 John Wood Group sees weak first half on fewer projects
- 07:58 Rare tree voted second best in England to be felled
- 07:58 Final day at Duns Primary after almost 130 years of education
- 07:56 Arsenal to try improved Thomas Lemar transfer bid as Arsene Wenger...
- 07:55 Barrow man charged with terrorism offence
- 07:55 British tourist fighting for life after plunging from hotel balcony...
- 07:55 Ayr boy Sean Strickland gets call to Rangers School of Football
- 07:55 British and Irish Lions train in Wellington ahead of win-or-bust...
- 07:52 Covestro vows to cash out to shareholders if no takeover on cards
- 07:52 UK regulator to investigate PWC's audits of BT after Italian scandal
- 07:51 Gateway to Gleneagles
- 07:51 Art owned by Kirklees Council has increased in value by £12m
- 07:50 Wardlaw and Khan steer Moor to Hampshire Cup quarter-finals
- 07:48 SIMON LAMBERT: Do you care what your fund charges? There's a big...
- 07:48 Ulster Bank launches the best easy-access rate in almost a year at...
- 07:48 Barcelona to keep Andres Iniesta after struggles to find a replacement
- 07:48 Royal Mint looks to cash in on coin collecting boom as it buys...