Hoaxer dialled 999 and said he had planted a bomb at the RVI which would explode in two minutes
A hoaxer who claimed to have planted a bomb in a city centre hospital has been jailed.
James Wilson dialled 999 and said a device “would explode in two minutes” at Newcastle’s RVI .
The lying pest then followed it up with another emergency call 13 minutes later to complain about the treatment he had received as a patient at the hospital.
A court heard he was quickly traced and arrested and it was not necessary to evacuate the hospital.
Prosecutor Emma Dowling told Newcastle Crown Court: “The defendant said, in a very brief call, he had put a bomb in the hospital and it would go off in two... read more
- 15:21 Aldi's sell-out hot tub is back for 2018 - but you'll need to be quick
- 15:21 This is why you could be forced into a care home
- 15:21 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:21 Computers stolen in Rothwell burglary
- 15:20 How China's government has changed after the NPC
- 15:20 France's Nicolas Sarkozy: 'Bling' and legal woes
- 15:19 Weary savers urged to ditch big banks' derisory cash Isas and...
- 15:19 Burnley headteacher praised for helping pupils to flourish
- 15:18 Transfer news: Chelsea star Willian open to Man Utd, Real Madrid...
- 15:18 Luke Shaw deserves criticism but Jose Mourinho blast is too far,...
- 15:18 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:18 Fife practices forced to restrict new registrations for patient lists
- 15:17 How a sweary stitching group is helping women through loss,...
- 15:17 Youngsters invited to take a closer look at a fire engine during...
- 15:17 Petro cryptocurrency BANNED in United States as Venezuela claims...
- 15:16 Sophie Lionnet death: Nanny 'pushed to confirm Boyzone claims'
- 15:16 Supermarket staff help with project
- 15:16 Computers stolen in Rothwell burglary
- 15:15 Councils’ plea for Labour government fund pledge
- 15:15 Mohamed Salah says cheeky jab at Manchester United's Champions...
- 15:15 Maurizio Sarri close to agreeing contract extension at Napoli amid...
- 15:14 Nurse praises the role of apprenticeship programme
- 15:14 VIDEO & PICTURES: Derbyshire’s Shante loses hair for charity after...
- 15:14 Askam man accused of attacking and threatening to kill his...
- 15:14 Man jailed for 32 years for rape and murder of pensioner in her...
- 15:12 Manager who applied for Chester FC vacancy is new boss of League...
- 15:12 Fleet-footed duo walk freestyle final at Crufts
- 15:12 Suits season 7: Sarah Rafferty as Donna Paulsen in pictures
- 15:12 Teacher ‘gave pupils cigarettes’ and boasted about sex and drugs use
- 15:11 Stephanie Smith: York named best place to live, but lists don’t...