Hoaxer dialled 999 and said he had planted a bomb at the RVI which would explode in two minutes
A hoaxer who claimed to have planted a bomb in a city centre hospital has been jailed.
James Wilson dialled 999 and said a device “would explode in two minutes” at Newcastle’s RVI .
The lying pest then followed it up with another emergency call 13 minutes later to complain about the treatment he had received as a patient at the hospital.
A court heard he was quickly traced and arrested and it was not necessary to evacuate the hospital.
Prosecutor Emma Dowling told Newcastle Crown Court: “The defendant said, in a very brief call, he had put a bomb in the hospital and it would go off in two... read more
- 08:27 Newcastle Victoria Tunnel: Take a tour of the tunnel 85ft beneath...
- 08:27 Guess who's back? Eminem to headline Reading and Leeds festivals
- 08:27 Tragic ex-footballer's legacy of life as Shaun Woodburn's organs...
- 08:27 RBS faces NINTH year in the red as annual losses extend to £7BILLION
- 08:27 Pound to euro exchange rate: Sterling stays STRONG despite good...
- 08:26 Engineering firm IMI sees drop in 2017 first-half organic revenue
- 08:26 Witches are putting a spell on Donald Trump at midnight
- 08:25 FOLLOW-UP: Angry reaction over the ‘red phone box saga’ continues
- 08:24 Aston Villa LIVE: Steve Bruce's press conference; Scott Hogan...
- 08:24 Cannabis plants found in police raid in Rotherham
- 08:24 Tributes after legendary local football figure dies
- 08:23 Property expert reveals where in Grimsby and Cleethorpes is best...
- 08:23 Badminton: Double delight for Diane Gillan at Scottish Championships
- 08:22 Here’s how you can cancel your Labour party membership
- 08:22 Challenge of delays in leaving hospital
- 08:21 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Zachary Quinto slams Trump over transgender students at Oscar...
- 08:20 Guus Hiddink on Leicester City’s shortlist to replace Claudio Ranieri
- 08:20 Lorry driver rescued by Lincolnshire’s Deputy Police and Crime...
- 08:20 Should Nottingham's Brian Clough statue be moved to the City Ground?
- 08:19 Littletown defeat league leaders and remain on course for treble
- 08:17 In Japan, 'Rocky' and 'Premium Friday' join fight against overtime
- 08:17 Chelsea first-team star could be shipped out this summer: Here's why
- 08:16 The Walking Dead's Jeffrey Dean Morgan SLAMS 'stupid people'...
- 08:13 Storm Doris sees Boston’s Sluice Bridge level crossing stuck shut
- 08:12 Middlewood Park and Ride closed this Sunday for maintenance work
- 08:10 Vital Foresight youth club saved thanks to £66,000 grant funding...
- 08:10 Health minister Philip Dunne backing midwife-led maternity units
- 08:10 Work to start on converting Newport's Royal Victoria Hotel into flats
- 08:10 Shropshire councillors freeze annual allowances