HMRC targets secondary ticket industry
The tax affairs of the secondary ticketing industry are being targeted by HM Revenue and Customs, the Victoria Derbyshire programme has learned.
It comes after some sites were criticised during a Department of Culture Media and Sport select committee hearing earlier this month.
An industry expert suggested the volume of ticket sales was not reflected in company accounts.
Culture Secretary Karen Bradley said she would raise the concerns with HMRC.
At the hearing in November, ticketing expert Reg Walker said: "This is meant to be a £1.2bn industry in the UK alone, and yet we can only... read more
- 13:13 Deutsche Post to deliver groceries for AmazonFresh in Germany
- 13:13 VIDEO: Dramatic footage as sheds and allotments go up in flames
- 13:13 Revealed: New Harrogate mayor + her deep roots in community
- 13:12 Spotted: More Man United injury woe as defender confirms shoulder...
- 13:12 Jurgen Klopp: This is how I feel about Mamadou Sakho's injury
- 13:12 Woodwork students crafted a new sign for village
- 13:12 Anthony Joshua open workout: Photos from boxer's session ahead of...
- 13:11 Will Donald Trump attack North Korea? US President warns 'MAJOR...
- 13:11 Police name man arrested in Whitehall as Mohammed Khalid Omar Ali
- 13:10 Teenager speaks of 'living nightmare' after being shot in the head...
- 13:10 Meet the three-year-old girl who sleeps for just 90 minutes each...
- 13:10 World stocks pause near record highs
- 13:10 Turkey's Erdogan will tell Trump Turkey could help retake Raqqa
- 13:10 Online abuse of teachers needs to be taken seriously - South...
- 13:10 Norway races Australia to fulfill Japan's hydrogen society dream
- 13:10 Homeless man beaten in "unprovoked" attack on busy road in broad...
- 13:10 King and Queen will star in village gala
- 13:09 Traders walk out of court in protest after being ordered to pay...
- 13:09 Student shortlisted for apprentice accolade
- 13:09 Saints prop Waller ready for 'massive' Exeter showdown
- 13:09 Newcastle in a series of old photographs: Take a tour around the...
- 13:09 Walkerville dad reveals inspiration behind incredible fundraising...
- 13:08 Tamworth hackers facing jail over £42m TalkTalk cyber-attack
- 13:08 Closed Sainsbury's Local in Long Eaton to reopen as convenience store
- 13:08 Liverpool drop huge official hint over summer striker transfer
- 13:07 Here's what The Simpsons make of Donald Trump's first 100 days in...
- 13:07 Tories 'set to take 7 seats from SNP' in General Election: Latest poll
- 13:06 Single lady finds romance after TV debut on Take Me Out – with...
- 13:06 Liverpool striker Daniel Sturridge linked with possible move to...
- 13:06 Cannabis farm discovered in Bootle is being investigated by police