HIV researcher died in freezer while working with liquid nitrogen
A scientist was found dead the morning after he had stayed late in a lab working with liquid nitrogen, an inquest heard.
Doctors have made ‘remarkable’ progress with cure for HIV Damian Bowen, 32, was discovered by colleagues at the HIV laboratory connected to the Chelsea and Westminster Hospital, in Chelsea, five years ago.
He was last seen by a senior colleague at 5.30pm and told her he would be staying late to freeze samples of blood so they could be stored for further testing, the jury at the Royal Courts of Justice heard.
But just over 12 hours later, he was found wearing a lab coat... read more
- 11:46 New Zealand make early inroads in third Test against South Africa...
- 11:46 Leicester midfielder Wilfred Ndidi wants to be his own man: 'I have...
- 11:46 Gianluigi Buffon joined an elite club by playing in the 1,000th...
- 11:47 Etchings that once sparked a royal row go on show
- 11:46 Luiz Felipe Scolari denies he will retire from coaching at the end...
- 11:46 Seamus Coleman will come back 'fitter and stronger' from horrific...
- 11:46 Daniel Ricciardo apologises to Red Bull after Australian GP...
- 11:46 Young boy spots 'Friendly Paedophile' following Weelsby Academy...
- 11:45 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:45 Egyptian court suspends jail sentence against journalists
- 11:44 New car tax rules and TV licence fees to rise - new laws coming...
- 11:44 Bradley Lowery's excitement ahead of leading out England with 'best...
- 11:43 Battle for Mosul: Residents flee ahead of air strikes
- 11:42 Charities outline their work to club
- 11:42 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:38 Former Blackpool officer will be county’s chief
- 11:37 17-year-old amateur boxer dies after collapsing in ring
- 11:36 Blyth students enjoy a trip to New York
- 11:36 Shane Long: This is what Seamus Coleman was like on the field after...
- 11:34 Why I get mistaken for being drunk
- 11:34 The Great War in the voices of the people
- 11:34 Belford GP to retire in April after 35 years
- 11:34 The man taught to have sex by lesbians
- 11:34 Man carrying rifle in Crook street arrested
- 11:34 Remember: Clocks spring forward tonight
- 11:32 Traffic lights on A590 at Lindal still in place
- 11:32 Chocolate bars could get smaller after Brexit warns Cadbury
- 11:31 Horror as abandoned Bulldog is found with horrific skin condition
- 11:31 West Brom: The bumper list of free transfers available for Tony...