HIV cure hope after virus ‘disappears’ from UK trial patient
A British HIV patient has shown “remarkable” progress after undergoing a new treatment to cure him of the fatal disease, experts have claimed.
Scientists treating the 44-year-old patient described the trial as “one of the first serious attempts at a full cure” for the virus, which affects more than 4,800 Scots.
The anonymous man is the first of 50 people to complete the trial, created by five British universities, using a ‘kick and kill’ approach to expose and destroy the virus.
Early tests showed there was no detectable HIV virus present in his blood, although the patient will have to wait... read more
- 17:38 Police hunt drug addict Dean Grundell - who ditched Jeremy Kyle...
- 17:37 WATCH Mushrooms and tennis ball found in Melbourne's Poppy Wood...
- 17:37 This creepy former psychaitric asylum could be yours for £1m
- 17:37 Brazil ex-speaker Eduardo Cunha jailed for 15 years
- 17:36 Paedophile son of Greggs founder is jailed for sex attacks on boys
- 17:35 Cash-strapped heavyweights could sell £22m-rated playmaker to...
- 17:35 Man City Women v Fortuna Hjorring LIVE score and goal updates
- 17:35 PICS AND VIDEO: Porn star's 'mobile brothel' heading to Chesterfield
- 17:35 Liverpool injury update: Jurgen Klopp gets good and bad news ahead...
- 17:34 Paedophile son of Greggs founder is jailed for sex attacks on boys
- 17:34 Motorists warned of road closures on Jarrow estate as part of major...
- 17:34 Why the Bank of England could make new £20 notes using palm oil
- 17:34 Deadly dog disease Alabama Rot hits the West Midlands - how to spot it
- 17:34 Children's TV programmes made in Birmingham: How many do you remember?
- 17:34 Five images of £4 million BIMM Birmingham building released
- 17:34 Publishing MP travel details 'could be attack risk'
- 17:34 'Crime Academy' gangster jailed after shopping centre TORCHED in...
- 17:33 Brexit: Group of MPs hits back at BBC bias claims
- 17:31 Moorside reactor given Government backing
- 17:31 Police hunt for woman believed to have abducted her two sons
- 17:31 Manchester United FC's game at Arsenal is rescheduled
- 17:30 Nine police cars swarm into Spondon street after man smashes into...
- 17:30 Free parking for celebrations in Rutland
- 17:30 Police hunt for woman believed to have abducted her two sons
- 17:29 Boozed-up man smashed his ex’s door after they had a row
- 17:28 Men in tribe drink cows milk and blood in competition to gain the...
- 17:28 Tamworth FC: Defiant Morrell insists 'We won't throw in the towel'
- 17:28 England World Cup legend Sir Geoff Hurst opens brand new £4.5m...
- 17:27 Burglars ransack Leeds singer’s home while she’s on night out
- 17:26 Multi-agency bid to tackle anti-social behaviour in Carlisle