Hit-and-run driver causes A50 queues after crash at Normacot junction
Police are hunting for the occupants of a car after a hit-and-run crash sparked traffic chaos on one of Stoke-on-Trent's busiest roads.
The driver and their passengers fled after the vehicle smashed into the central reservation on the A50.
The crash happened on the westbound carriageway - by the Normacot exit - at 1.20am today.
But the collision caused major delays into rush-hour today after one lane on both carriageways was closed for repairs to be carried out to the central reservation.
Now Staffordshire Police are trying to trace the owners of the vehicle and are establishing whether it... read more
- 06:21 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:20 Manchester United boss Mourinho won't be doing this at Stamford Bridge
- 06:21 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:20 Cancer survivor offering performing arts scholarship to children...
- 06:20 Guardiola reveals first Man City concerns after four games without...
- 06:20 Who has been drink-driving?
- 06:20 Bayern defender explains why Man City coach 'never communicates'...
- 06:20 Nottingham’s own Oktoberfest is coming - with exclusive beer,...
- 06:19 Civil War comes to Sibford
- 06:19 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:19 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:19 Pensioner robbed in Banbury town centre
- 06:14 Youngsters make their mark in commmunity
- 06:14 ‘Killer’ Asian Hornet’s UK invasion worse than we thought
- 06:14 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:14 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:14 Proposed new town in Harborough district could house 7,000 people
- 06:13 Second independence referendum looms as Brexit minister rules out...
- 06:13 Police welcome sentencing of rapist jailed for 10 years after...
- 06:13 Man is jailed for assaulting woman in the Dart Inn in Stapenhill
- 06:13 Jobless in Burton and Swadlincote on the increase, new figures reveal
- 06:13 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:13 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:13 Parents urged to swap candles for LED light for Halloween
- 06:04 Ross Douthat: Trump afterlife could be ugly
- 06:04 Leader comment: Alcohol problem must be tackled right now
- 06:04 Leader comment: Aberfan tragedy should have been prevented
- 06:04 England C call up for Lincoln City stars bring more positives than...
- 06:04 Mark Venus respects Coventry City fans' right to express their...
- 05:56 Stressed drink-drive teacher gets 16 month ban from the road