Hit-and-run driver causes A50 queues after crash at Normacot junction
Police are hunting for the occupants of a car after a hit-and-run crash sparked traffic chaos on one of Stoke-on-Trent's busiest roads.
The driver and their passengers fled after the vehicle smashed into the central reservation on the A50.
The crash happened on the westbound carriageway - by the Normacot exit - at 1.20am today.
But the collision caused major delays into rush-hour today after one lane on both carriageways was closed for repairs to be carried out to the central reservation.
Now Staffordshire Police are trying to trace the owners of the vehicle and are establishing whether it... read more
- 09:39 What are Skinny Sprinkles and do they work for losing weight?
- 09:39 Is drinking cow's milk 'inhumane'?
- 09:39 Dundee United challenge excites Scott McDonald
- 09:39 £900-worth of roofing felt stolen from West Cumbrian school
- 09:39 Manchester United stars poke fun at youngster in training ahead of...
- 09:38 Piers Morgan in ferocious CLASH with Love Island stars after GMB...
- 09:37 Search planned for missing Powys teenager at Royal Welsh Show
- 09:37 Robert Pattinson was kicked out of school for selling porn magazines
- 09:36 Safety expert plunged to his death down lift shaft, inquest told
- 09:35 Dr G Yunupingu: An exquisite singer who 'spoke to the soul'
- 09:35 UK diesel and petrol ban - Government's shock new plans and how it...
- 09:35 More than 1,800 homes missed bin collections yesterday - these are...
- 09:34 Celtic skipper Scott Brown insists Moussa Dembele can only get...
- 09:33 Scientists hope fish clues aid spinal cord injury treatment
- 09:32 Guy Martin calls time on road racing career
- 09:31 Divorcee destroys ex's $1m violin collection in Japan
- 09:30 BMW stolen from outside home
- 09:30 Fred Story funds new dig at Roman finds site in Carlisle
- 09:28 Pervert who abused young boy allowed to serve his 'lenient' sentence
- 09:28 Transfer News LIVE: Follow the latest news and gossip from around...
- 09:27 Arsenal showing genuine interest in £36m Nice star Jean-Michael Seri
- 09:26 New bid demands more trains between Lincolnshire and London
- 09:25 Police chief Philip Seccombe confident on residents' safety despite...
- 09:25 POUND LIVE: Pound rises ahead of UK economy growth figures for Q2
- 09:24 Aston Villa transfer news and rumours LIVE: Wednesday, July 26th
- 09:24 Hong Kong-China train station could apply mainland law
- 09:23 Pope's financial adviser makes brief court appearance charged with...
- 09:23 British holidaymakers flee French Riviera wildfires as thousands...
- 09:22 Mum hopes killer of son, 5, is never released from prison
- 09:22 The heartbreaking origins of cesarean section births revealed