History revealed: Pre- and post-medieval rings declared as treasure in Harrogate
Two historic rings have been declared as treasure at a treasure trove inquest at Harrogate Magistrates Court.
The first, a medieval gold finger ring, was found in Bilton in Ainsty by someone using a metal detector in August last year.
The court heard that the complete cast gold ring featured a traditional medieval pattern with what appeared to be “flowers or fruit” decorated with diamonds and enamel.
Black lettering was also found engraved into the metal on the inside of the band reading: “Mon Cuer Avez” which coroner, Mr Rob Turnbull, said translates to: “my heart is yours”.
The item is... read more
- 12:24 How next week’s cold weather could affect your mobile phone
- 12:23 Mercedes chief reveals why Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas could...
- 12:23 Roger Federer: Dubai Tennis Championship appearance in doubt as...
- 12:23 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:23 Victims of bungling robber speak of their ordeal
- 12:23 Time for a little horse therapy
- 12:23 Spurned teen armed himself with bat and went to attack love rival
- 12:23 Arsenal to take on AC Milan in last-16 of Europa League
- 12:22 Leaders defend decision to increase council tax again in Hartlepool
- 12:22 Yorkshire hotel named one of Britain's most romantic
- 12:21 Councillors feel CCTV is solution to concerns over youth shelter
- 12:21 Prison recycling scheme to help homeless people
- 12:21 Blackpool pub to re-open after council purchase
- 12:21 Club rallies to help war memorial repair
- 12:21 From dental nurse to electrician, there are plenty of jobs...
- 12:21 Stephen Fry recovering from prostate cancer surgery
- 12:21 Village school celebrates reaching gold standard
- 12:21 Film Of The Week Cold comfort farm
- 12:21 'I am sorry I love you all' Heartbreaking final message from young...
- 12:20 Argos jewellery experts coming to Birmingham to help Mother's Day...
- 12:20 West Brom team news update includes the latest on Kieran Gibbs,...
- 12:20 Why changes are coming to Birmingham City's summer transfer...
- 12:20 Grantham Museum to lose its famous bouncing bomb exhibit
- 12:20 Pendle in bid to breakaway from Lancashire County Council
- 12:20 I am struggling with dating since leaving a conservative religion
- 12:20 Gritters are prepared for cold snap
- 12:20 A tea towel and cash among the things stolen from Carlisle home
- 12:20 Watch mass brawl break out at Headingley bar
- 12:19 What happens to your baby in the first hour of their life?
- 12:19 Time to nominate for Community Star Award