Historic England reveals Northamptonshire church is no longer 'at risk'
The Church of All Saints at Braunston has been removed from Historic England’s latest at-risk register after repairs have been completed following Heritage Lottery grants.
The church is now in good condition, it says. But Old St John’s Church at Boughton has been added.
The church has been what is described as “a picturesque ruin” for many years but the masonry is badly eroding, Historic England says. Work is on-going to secure funding for repairs.
Ben Robinson, Heritage at Risk principal for Historic England in the East Midlands, said: "Historic England continues to invest grant aid... read more
- 00:25 Paraguay's lower house rejects presidential re-election amendment
- 00:24 Arsenal fans steering clear of the Emirates and Alexis Sanchez...
- 00:24 Christian Benteke and Andros Townsend show Tottenham what they're...
- 00:24 Crystal Palace manager Sam Allardyce fears Mamadou Sakho has...
- 00:24 Chelsea brothers Nathaniel and Trevoh Chalobah have dance-off in...
- 00:24 University of Glasgow honours life of James McCune Smith
- 00:23 'Have a little swagger', CEOs tell May in bid to make Brexit pay
- 00:23 ECB seen firmly on hold but may set stage for June shift
- 00:23 British housing starts indicator hits 10-year high, commercial...
- 00:21 Star Wars favourite Ian McDiarmid to play Enoch Powell on stage in...
- 00:19 General election 2017: Labour leader a 'mugwump' says Johnson
- 00:17 What's behind Uber's success in Egypt?
- 00:15 Blood test to spot lung cancer relapse hailed as 'new hope'
- 00:12 US military bosses reveal radical plan to hack soldier's brains to...
- 00:12 'Pawternity' leave - firms with unusual staff benefits
- 00:12 The 'golden bloom' that could revolutionise the search for alien...
- 00:10 Trump's 'armada' within 'STRIKING DISTANCE’ of North Korea amid...
- 00:10 ‘No-answers May will bully weak to defend strong’
- 00:09 Political risk biggest concern for insurers globally - survey
- 00:09 Northants set sights on Royal London One-Day Cup glory
- 00:09 Ebook sales drop as readers favour non-fiction books
- 00:09 French voters in Scotland look on as election battle heats up
- 00:09 SFA says system to protect young footballers from abuse ‘ineffective’
- 00:08 Newcrest expects to hit low end of gold target after damage to...
- 00:07 French ‘evidence’ of Assad atrocity rejected by Russia
- 00:07 South Africa: Top communist launches stinging attack on Zuma
- 00:07 Kurdish rebel group calls for no-fly zone
- 00:07 MPs slam silence over British strike
- 00:07 Labour home building beats Tories by 50%
- 00:07 Unison health: No future for NHS under the Tories