Historic England reveals Northamptonshire church is no longer 'at risk'
The Church of All Saints at Braunston has been removed from Historic England’s latest at-risk register after repairs have been completed following Heritage Lottery grants.
The church is now in good condition, it says. But Old St John’s Church at Boughton has been added.
The church has been what is described as “a picturesque ruin” for many years but the masonry is badly eroding, Historic England says. Work is on-going to secure funding for repairs.
Ben Robinson, Heritage at Risk principal for Historic England in the East Midlands, said: "Historic England continues to invest grant aid... read more
- 00:00 Unite against neoliberalism
- 00:00 Ukraine: Polish consulate ‘attacked by terrorists’
- 00:00 EU leaders left bitter by Brexit ‘divorce’
- 00:00 South Africa: Zuma stays away from Kathrada’s funeral
- 00:00 Hospital workers to strike over zero-hours
- 00:00 40% cuts to legal aid have reduced system to ‘carnage’
- 00:00 NHS activists protest in York against health cut
- 23:59 'A leg-breaker', a headbutt, four sent off and Hibs boss Neil...
- 23:53 Mary Berry’s new ‘home happiness’ book will reveal her top secret...
- 23:52 Star Wars Battlefront 2 2017 UPDATE: New trailer announcement from EA
- 23:50 Turkey ends Euphrates Shield military campaign in Syria
- 23:46 Everton shouldn't blame James McCarthy for injury setback, insists...
- 23:46 Rangers have agreed £350,000 deal for Billy Gilmour with Chelsea if...
- 23:46 PFA Scotland chairman John Rankin warns Scottish football’s...
- 23:44 Neil Lennon accuses Morton player of trying to break Hibs star's...
- 23:41 Road too small for houses
- 23:41 “I get 250 smiles a day and it’s great”
- 23:41 Slimmer gets invitation to Parliament
- 23:39 US state department employee 'concealed contacts with China'
- 23:37 Chelsea agree £350,000 deal for Rangers wonderkid Billy Gilmour
- 23:35 Sportsmail catches up with Glasgow stars Stuart Hogg, Finn Russell...
- 23:34 Emmerdale star Adam Thomas ‘quits the soap after eight years’
- 23:32 NHS England consulting on taking away certain free medicines to...
- 23:31 Council hopes Kettering street will re-open soon as work on...
- 23:29 Trump administration pursuing sale of F-16's to Bahrain - source
- 23:27 Double Man United contract extension: Real Madrid target David De...
- 23:24 BREAKING: Donald Trump 'to sell F-16 aircrafts to Bahrain despite...
- 23:23 Battle lines are drawn as EU talks begin in earnest
- 23:23 Star Wars 8 news: Is Benicio del Toro playing THRAWN in The Last Jedi?
- 23:22 Jose Mourinho claims only one West Brom player was on international...