Hillsborough campaigner Sheila Coleman honoured by Open University
A HILLSBOROUGH campaigner is set to be honoured by the Open University.
Sheila Coleman will be given a degree of Honorary Doctor at the Open University in Dublin today alongside 151 graduates.
The Hillsborough Justice Campaign (HJC) member will be honoured for her contribution to public service.
Sheila said: “Throughout my life and my career, I have learned that adversity takes many forms – but so does success, and the obstacles life throws at us shouldn’t be a barrier to achieving our goals.
“My own university career involved juggling my studies with being a single parent and overcoming a... read more
- 13:27 Passengers angry after new Melton bus service cuts announced
- 13:27 County councillor backs verge plan
- 13:27 Watch dangerous driver race through streets of Rugby
- 13:26 From seagulls to Bardot tops: this week’s fashion trends
- 13:26 What I wore this week: the new day dress
- 13:25 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:25 Man sought by Cumbria Police in connection with arson attack on car
- 13:24 City Tastes & Tipples: Quality Qubana is banking on a bright future
- 13:23 VIDEO: CCTV footage shows group steal two motorbikes
- 13:22 PSG 'suspicious' of star man Neymar planning summer exit with Real...
- 13:22 Premier League's quickest players revealed... Mo Salah only ranks...
- 13:22 Man arrested over stabbing in Sheffield house
- 13:20 This many motorists think that breaking the speed limits is acceptable
- 13:20 Fylde coast woman in ‘constant discomfort’ Commons hears during...
- 13:18 American Apparel returns as an 'inclusive' online retailer
- 13:17 Co-op praises police for work in jailing ATM explosion gang who...
- 13:16 Friends make plans for gala celebrations
- 13:16 Charles 'to be next Commonwealth head'
- 13:15 Can you break a car window if a child is locked inside on a hot day?
- 13:14 Rachel Weisz reveals she's pregnant at 48 as star confirms she's...
- 13:13 Chester FC fans' jury: Board has 'critical choice' to make over new...
- 13:13 How cyclists plan to remember Leicester man who was murdered by...
- 13:12 It’s a Pockout teams appeal by Lions Club
- 13:12 London Marathon using recyclable cups to cut plastic waste
- 13:11 How to enter the Great Birmingham 10k run 2018
- 13:11 New craft beer bar Kilder opens in Digbeth
- 13:11 "Rogue landlord" who did not care about her tenants' safety ordered...
- 13:11 Simplyhealth Great Birmingham 10K 2018 - closing date, route, road...
- 13:11 Man who threw acid over model and her cousin jailed for 16 years
- 13:10 Spas and cocktails, walks and the black stuff: How to plan a...