Highways Agency urges motorists to PAY to use M6 toll as more motorway roadworks set to begin
Highways Agency bosses have urged motorists to PAY to use the controversial M6 Toll as more roadworks are set to cause disruption on the M5.
Scheduled repair work on the Oldbury viaduct is set to begin this weekend, and severe delays are expected.
A contraflow system will be put in place to keep the carriageway open between M5 junctions 1 and 2 , as the £100 million project gets underway.
Over the weekend, traffic will be diverted onto the northbound carriageway, with a 30mph speed limit being put into place - with long delays expected as a result.
Two lanes will be in operation in each... read more
- 06:23 £3m rent arrears fears in South Tyneside
- 06:23 Councillors set for a battle against boundary changes
- 06:23 South Shields MP calls for rethink on Universal Credit roll-out
- 06:22 Guest column: The poor will suffer most if we don’t get a Brexit deal
- 06:21 Birmingham Live: Breaking news, travel and weather across the...
- 06:21 Aston Villa news digest: Academy graduate back to prove a point;...
- 06:21 West Brom digest; Goalkeeper worries; Arsenal and Man United games...
- 06:21 Birmingham City news digest: Cotterill's emotional bond; injury...
- 06:21 The cost of dropping rubbish in Blackpool reaches £48k
- 06:21 Leeds police chase crash driver jailed
- 06:20 Barcelona news: Kylian Mbappe deal was DONE… but they chose Ousmane...
- 06:19 Devastated family want to prevent other young deaths
- 06:19 Rattling good fun heading to Hartlepool at prestige model rail show
- 06:19 Residents welcome new patio garden at Hartlepool retirement village
- 06:19 Tees Valley caution over recruiting more workers
- 06:19 Craig Harrison offers Hartlepool United injury update on Liam...
- 06:19 Hartlepool MP tells Parliament benefit reform is leaving people...
- 06:19 ‘Bin raiding’ incidents raise concern about identity theft risk in...
- 06:19 Thug jailed for assaulting girlfriend and her neighbour
- 06:19 Fans and club honour player
- 06:18 Extra cash donated to fund more CCTV
- 06:18 Upskilling the young for sustainable future
- 06:18 Olivier Giroud admits he got lucky with his wonder goal in...
- 06:18 Well-respected saddler Les continued fine family name
- 06:17 Banbury kitchen and bathroom firm launches new showroom
- 06:16 Pupil’s pink fundraiser tops £1,000 for Wellingborough breast...
- 06:16 Robberies rise by a shocking 43 per cent in Northamptonshire -...
- 06:16 EXCLUSIVE: Auditors given green light to resume second Sixfields...
- 06:16 Northampton A&E swamped by over 400 patients in 'busiest day ever'
- 06:16 ‘Impossible’ to fix roads due to cuts, say transport experts