High winds blamed for helicopter crash that killed Louth pilot
A HELICOPTER pilot from Louth died in a crash on the Isle of Man most likely caused by high winds, a court has heard.
The inquest into the death of Matthew Chapman was told he had flown two men to a corporate event at the TT races on Saturday, June 6 last year.
The Bell Jet Ranger II helicopter landed at the Creg ny Baa near the race course shortly before 9am that day and the 48-year-old pilot dropped off his passengers and set off to refuel at a nearby airport.
But just minutes later, he lost control of the chopper and crashed into a hillside 200 yards from the course on Snaefell... read more
- 08:41 Piccadilly Circus’s famous billboards to be switched off – for months
- 08:40 'Revamped care home is like our own 5-star hotel' - pictures
- 08:40 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: Patrick Roberts' goal was...
- 08:40 Caddie dies at Dubai Ladies Masters after collapsing with heart issue
- 08:39 Humza Yousaf caught driving without insurance
- 08:39 Rolling road block on M54 after lorry drives the wrong way
- 08:39 WIN: Meals, hotel stay, tickets and more in £1,000 Christmas cracker
- 08:38 Traffic alert: Vehicle fire forces M1 lane closures near Wakefield
- 08:37 Bird flu warning: keepers told to keep poultry inside
- 08:37 China Nov forex reserves fall more than expected to $3.05 trillion,...
- 08:37 From-the-ashes Chorley pub gets a fine new look
- 08:36 BBC faces investigation for ‘insulting’ new Thai king – website...
- 08:35 Chelsea hammer blow as Premier League rivals slap mammoth price-tag...
- 08:33 Cumbria coroner hears of patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:32 Arsenal complete move for ex-Chelsea ace Zech Medley in shock deal
- 08:32 Barcelona reach peak tiki-taka with impressive Champions League record
- 08:31 Shares in Monte dei Paschi rise strongly at open
- 08:31 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi: How it felt to end my goalscoring drought...
- 08:31 Chelsea Premier League winner: This is what Antonio Conte has...
- 08:30 A590 traffic chaos set to last for another week
- 08:30 Tottenham confident of sealing new Toby Alderweireld contract
- 08:29 Sharp rise in 'trolley waits' for hospital beds in England
- 08:29 Patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:29 Hong Kong stocks edge up before ECB meeting, aided by commodity shares
- 08:29 Ex-Marine serving life for Afghan prisoner’s murder could have...
- 08:29 Security forces in Kazakhstan conduct special operation in Aktobe
- 08:28 Delays on A19 near Tyne Tunnel following crash
- 08:27 Poppy Widdison, 4, death: The moment accused asked mum, 'is she...
- 08:26 OPEC deal will go ahead even if only Russia commits - Nigeria oil...
- 08:26 John Menzies names former DHL executive as head of distribution unit