High levels of prescription drugs handed out to tackle type-2 diabetes
Research shows that more prescription drugs to tackle type-2 diabetes are handed out in East Lindsey and South Holland than almost anywhere else in the country.
New data released by analytics company EXASOL shows the London district of Newham (1.20 per head of population) topped the table, with East Lindsey second (1.16) and South Holland third (1.14).
Neighbourhing Boston was further down the list with 0.71 per head of population for 2015.
The data captures every GP prescription dispensed at all pharmacies across England and runs for six years from August 2010 through to July 2016.
Sean... read more
- 15:08 Work begins on next phase of Corby to Kettering rail upgrade
- 15:08 Manchester United ready to stick by Luke Shaw while Manchester City...
- 15:07 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:07 Quidditch team to hold try-outs in Leeds
- 15:07 Chelsea defender Baba Rahman faces surgery after knee ligament injury
- 15:07 Two new museum heads herald a generational shift in advocates for...
- 15:07 Hull hopes to revive its fortunes as Britain’s latest “City of...
- 15:06 Sturgeon vows to save Scotland from hard Brexit and Tories'...
- 15:06 Blog: Ayr United penalty hero Greg Fleming proves he's spot on
- 15:06 Tuitavake makes first start as Saints make nine changes for...
- 15:06 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:06 Al-Qaeda claims responsibility for deadly bomb blast which left as...
- 15:06 Council agrees college funding
- 15:06 Germany may deport up to 547 'security risk' asylum seekers
- 15:05 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police
- 15:05 Showcasing the strength of healthcare firms
- 15:05 Council votes for flexibility as it cancels 35-year waste deal
- 15:04 Yorkshire named as top dogging hotspot in the country
- 15:04 Council agrees college funding
- 15:04 MPS: Kashmir must be given chance of 'Brexit'-style vote
- 15:04 Mum who was bought an egg for £25 off eBay now has an emu
- 15:04 Table tennis proves a hit at Rossett school
- 15:04 Sudanese government says rebel group to sign Darfur peace pact
- 15:04 Historic club under threat
- 15:03 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:03 Pensioner remains in 'serious' condition after being hit by car
- 15:03 Floral tributes left in memory of Mark Jack Park after Scotswood...
- 15:02 Mansfield man sent to crown court on cocaine charges
- 15:02 BREAKING: Ongoing power cut plunges Meadowhall shopping centre into...
- 15:02 Drug-driver admits running down Leeds academic while fleeing police