High-heel wearing should not be forced, study says
More needs to be done to stop women being forced to wear high heels at work, Aberdeen researchers have said.
Calls to introduce a law banning companies from telling women to wear high heels at work were rejected by the government in April.
The issue was debated after one woman who was sent home for wearing flat shoes set up a petition.
The University of Aberdeen researchers recommended further investigation into the issue.
The review examined research into the physical damage and injury that can be caused, as well as the social and cultural aspects surrounding the wearing of high heels.
Is... read more
- 16:54 Collaboration established between Hadrian’s Wall and the Great Wall...
- 16:54 Do you recognise these men wanted for questioning following...
- 16:53 Premier League clubs on Facebook: Which sides have the most...
- 16:52 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:52 Burnley and Pendle pupils' fight hate with moving new film
- 16:52 Scottish artist gives historical portraits a modern makeover by...
- 16:52 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:52 Do your bit to ditch plastic products, says one milklady
- 16:52 Fourth nor'easter in three weeks batters US east coast
- 16:52 Texas bombing suspect blows himself up
- 16:52 Boris Johnson compares Russian World Cup to Hitler's 1936 Olympics
- 16:52 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:51 Man sent flying into the air in wheelie stunt gone wrong
- 16:51 Warning over phone call-barring scam
- 16:51 Hunt goes on for missing Duns student
- 16:51 An appeal has been launched by the organisers of a town carnival
- 16:50 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...
- 16:49 Horse Racing Tips March 22: Wolverhampton, Chelmsford, Chepstow and...
- 16:48 Rawcliffe man jailed nearly 30 years after York rape
- 16:48 Section of Hinckley Road to reopen one month after Leicester explosion
- 16:48 Sex offender who attacked teenage girl on Sheffield bus walks free...
- 16:48 Police name Batley woman who died after being hit by reversing car...
- 16:47 Lady Turner of Camden obituary
- 16:47 Liam Payne admits relationship 'struggles' with Cheryl
- 16:47 Meet the bands who are making politics personal
- 16:46 Firefighters tackle restaurant fire on Lozells Road
- 16:46 Texas bombing suspect blows himself up
- 16:44 Will more land to build on solve Rugby's shortage of affordable...
- 16:44 Diesel tax, benefits & five other law changes you need to know...