Heston Blumenthal's The Fat Duck restaurant regains three Michelin stars
Celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal's restaurant The Fat Duck has regained its three Michelin stars to rejoin the elite club of world eateries.
The maverick culinary inventor's high-end venue lost the trio of stars in 2015 after he took it 10,000 miles to Melbourne, Australia, for a year.
But at the unveiling of the 2016 stars and 2017 UK and Ireland Michelin Guide - held live for the first time - it was announced the 50-year-old's £255-per-person restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, had rejoined the exclusive group.
Blumenthal told the event at the Institution of Engineering and Technology: "I... read more
- 12:39 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:39 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:39 'I had to go into survival mode' Diver forced to fend of 13ft tiger...
- 12:39 New railcard for 26-30-year-olds revealed but travellers demand...
- 12:39 The pressing issues Aston Villa need to resolve ahead of Birmingham...
- 12:39 Woman charged with murder of 18-month-old boy who fell from...
- 12:39 Birmingham City announce partnership with Spanish outfit
- 12:39 Birmingham would lose almost £7 billion from a 'hard Brexit'
- 12:39 This Morning's Phillip Schofield and Holly Willoughby REPLACED by...
- 12:38 Lifeboat ferries paramedic to Holy Island
- 12:38 Free renewables training in Northumberland
- 12:38 Mark Hunt questions why UFC legend Georges St-Pierre is allowed...
- 12:38 Developing young citizens
- 12:38 Can’t pay, won’t pay, but now even more to pay?
- 12:38 Extra-care housing site officially opened
- 12:37 New grandstand hailed a winner
- 12:37 Passenger praises rail staff on-board train that hit and killed man
- 12:34 South Cumbria beauty spots: Top 10 locations less than 30 minutes away
- 12:34 Half term week weather forecast for South Cumbria
- 12:34 UK employees do £30,000-worth of work during lunch breaks
- 12:34 Future guitar heroes head to the North for EP promo gig
- 12:34 New show from top Beatles tribute is ‘magical history tour’
- 12:34 Stage stars go mad for the 80s in new musical
- 12:34 Scottish oil worker Colin Gillespie dies in Gran Canaria
- 12:33 Man who defrauded investors in Stamford company out of £3m must pay...
- 12:32 Chris Hughes thinks Katie Price has been catfished but Olivia...
- 12:32 Children’s screen time expected to rise after clocks go back
- 12:32 Scot jailed for touching man in Dubai “has sentence dropped”
- 12:31 Council worker punched and attacked in Morecambe alleyway
- 12:30 Children’s screen time expected to rise after clocks go back