Heston Blumenthal's Fat Duck rejoins Michelin three-star restaurant club
Celebrity chef Heston Blumenthal's restaurant The Fat Duck has regained its three Michelin stars to rejoin the elite club of world eateries.
The maverick culinary inventor's high-end venue lost the trio of stars last year after he took it 10,000 miles to Melbourne, Australia, for a year.
At the unveiling of the 2017 Michelin Guide - held live for the first time - it was announced the 50-year-old's £255-per-person restaurant in Bray, Berkshire, had rejoined the exclusive group.
Mr Blumenthal told the event at the Institution of Engineering and Technology he had not expected to receive the... read more
- 09:45 This is exactly how Storm Brian will affect Birmingham after yellow...
- 09:44 Former soldier Colin fights a new battle for the charity that saved...
- 09:44 Two men stabbed in Harrogate - police linking attacks
- 09:40 Down Memory Lane - 1990 in pictures
- 09:40 Pet lovers celebrate as Melton is named the UK’s most dog-friendly...
- 09:39 'Anyone would think Wolves had won the Premier League' - Steve...
- 09:38 Case brought by Lloyds shareholders is ‘fundamentally flawed’
- 09:38 Stranger Things star Finn Wolfhard fires agent after former client...
- 09:38 Sowerby Bridge's Dama Cheese shines light on UK start-ups
- 09:38 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:38 Joel Campbell keen to leave Arsenal by making Real Betis...
- 09:37 Aldi to release chocolate wine for Christmas
- 09:37 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:35 Arsenal news: Mesut Ozil hates Manchester United links - he wants...
- 09:35 Warwickshire Police Detective Sergeant receives Queen’s Police Medal
- 09:33 Call to check oil tanks ahead of winter
- 09:33 Prestigious regional award for sewer project in town
- 09:33 Kirkby pensioner 'killed by blunt force trauma to the head'
- 09:32 Thugs, thieves, drunks and drugs - who's been convicted in Derby's...
- 09:32 BREAKING NEWS: Derbyshire road closed by 'police incident'
- 09:32 Charity festive card shop to be officially opened today
- 09:32 Rolling out the red carpet for children at film festival
- 09:30 ‘Several injured’ after knifeman launches attack in Munich
- 09:28 Captain Darren O’Dea declares that Dundee are in “good place” after...
- 09:28 Dundee United’s Fraser Fyvie looking for side to bounce back...
- 09:28 New Forfar boss Jim Weir relishing home debut as Ayr visit Station...
- 09:28 Dunfermline’s Ryan Williamson cheering on captain Callum Morris as...
- 09:28 Rugby failed to leave lasting impression on St Johnstone playmaker...
- 09:28 East Fife manager Darren Young determined to stay in play-off place
- 09:28 Raith Rovers manager Barry Smith to keep message simple at Stranraer