Heroin addict paid for his sandwich in Boots - but hid a £50 bottle of Diesel perfume in his pocket
A man stole perfume from a town centre store as he struggled to fund his heroin addiction.
Dominic Bloor, of Half Moon Street in Huddersfield, pleaded guilty to shop theft.
Kirklees magistrates heard that the offence occurred at Boots in King Street on September 15.
Bloor was spotted picking up a bottle of £51 Diesel perfume before hiding it in his pocket as he picked up a sandwich and paid for that.
The 39-year-old was stopped as he left the store and the perfume was recovered.
He tested positive for the use of cocaine and opiates in his system.
Carl Kingsley, mitigating, said that his... read more
- 10:35 Paul Merson's Premier League and EFL Cup final predictions
- 10:35 Scotland coach Vern Cotter reveals cunning plan for Wales Six...
- 10:35 Students rush for places at Doncaster’s HS2 college
- 10:34 The spy who loved Keely! Pierce Brosnan looks smitten with wife of...
- 10:34 Kelly Brook shows off her enviable curves in skintight high-waisted...
- 10:34 Emma Watson oozes understated elegance in a fitted cream tulip...
- 10:34 Founder of India's $4 smartphone firm arrested on allegations of fraud
- 10:34 Emily Ratajkowski flashes a peek of her bra in racy sheer lace top...
- 10:34 First Bus donates around £9,000 worth of advertising space across...
- 10:34 Business tycoon Michelle Mone announces her RETIREMENT
- 10:34 Students rush for places at Doncaster’s HS2 college
- 10:34 Myanmar Buddhists decry Thai government's temple crackdown
- 10:34 Merkel's conservatives seen ahead of Social Democrats in poll
- 10:34 Council’s booze approvals criticised by residents
- 10:33 Huddersfield lecturer exposes Hollywood's $2 million average gender...
- 10:33 Mirfield's Sir Patrick Stewart reveals he thought he was...
- 10:33 Mark Lawrenson on Chelsea v Swansea: This battering ram will decide...
- 10:32 Moment huge great white shark stalks a surfer and then charges at him
- 10:32 Tory ministers have rewritten the law to deny increased disability...
- 10:32 Storm Doris: Watch pilots show incredible skills to land planes in...
- 10:31 Housing plans and holiday lodges go before committee
- 10:31 Proposed closure of school causes worry
- 10:31 Turkey coup: 136 diplomats and relatives seek Germany asylum
- 10:30 Coastguard warning over 'wave dodgers'
- 10:30 Alzheimer’s disease might be caused by eating too much sugar
- 10:30 Slideshow: Crocus walk makes for colourful scenes
- 10:29 Conor McGregor shares snap of boxing session as UFC lightweight...
- 10:28 Apprentice Joe shows his skills in regional electrical competition
- 10:28 Wary of divided loyalties, a Baltic state reaches out to its Russians
- 10:28 Doctor Who spin off Class 'axed after just ONE series' due to poor...