Heroin addict paid for his sandwich in Boots - but hid a £50 bottle of Diesel perfume in his pocket
A man stole perfume from a town centre store as he struggled to fund his heroin addiction.
Dominic Bloor, of Half Moon Street in Huddersfield, pleaded guilty to shop theft.
Kirklees magistrates heard that the offence occurred at Boots in King Street on September 15.
Bloor was spotted picking up a bottle of £51 Diesel perfume before hiding it in his pocket as he picked up a sandwich and paid for that.
The 39-year-old was stopped as he left the store and the perfume was recovered.
He tested positive for the use of cocaine and opiates in his system.
Carl Kingsley, mitigating, said that his... read more
- 13:53 Which Lincolnshire train company is worst for complaints?
- 13:52 Scottish NHS failing to keep up with rising demand, says watchdog
- 13:52 Pope Francis accepts church leaders' invitation to visit South Sudan
- 13:52 Nissan investment shows Brexit can work - but what did we offer in...
- 13:51 Gnashing of teeth
- 13:51 What do the latest GDP data say about the post-Brexit economy?
- 13:51 Liverpool star Loris Karius takes swipe at Man Utd and City over...
- 13:51 Night-time alerts 'target impulse buys'
- 13:51 Feed your foodie in holiday heaven
- 13:51 Invasion of alien ladybirds riddled with STDs that could kill off...
- 13:51 Hamburg gang rape teenagers' suspended sentences spark anger
- 13:49 Scottish pensioner, 92, who’s taking on Donald Trump
- 13:47 English petition to kick Scotland out of UK hijacked by Scots
- 13:47 Two in court on alleged burglary and wounding rap
- 13:46 Bid to stop thieves targeting paving flags
- 13:46 Stags players present pupils with awards
- 13:46 Schoolgirl carer, 11, is 'amazing', says mum
- 13:46 Who's in I'm a Celebrity 2016? Line-up rumours include Sam...
- 13:45 Boss believes Toyota will not pull plug on Derbyshire factory...
- 13:45 New £130k science lab to open next month
- 13:45 Worker sold firm’s stock on eBay
- 13:45 Labour to investigate claims of anti-Semitism and entryism within...
- 13:44 North East Poppy Appeal is launched with a call to rethink remembrance
- 13:43 Black Cat Day: Adopt brothers Benedict and Basil who are in need of...
- 13:43 Hurst street stabbing: Boss says area is safe after pair injured...
- 13:42 Cancers survivors are TWICE as likely to be on antidepressants due...
- 13:42 Strong UK GDP data prompts global bond sell off on frets over...
- 13:42 Take a look at me now! Woman who had a FACE transplant after she...
- 13:42 King’s Cliffe author Nick has short story included in Twisted...
- 13:41 Chester King's School team to compete in world engineering finals