Heroes! Thousands gather in Manchester to honour Britain's most successful Olympics of modern times (but where is Sir Bradley Wiggins?)
Wearing sparkly hats and waving Union flags, more than 150,000 well-wishers gathered on the streets of Manchester today to celebrate Team GB's stunning performance in Rio.
Excited fans draped in red, white and blue waited for hours along the parade route as they prepared to welcome Britain's triumphant Olympian and Paralympians to the city.
Matt Whitlock, Jessica Ennis-Hill and Ellie Simmonds are among the sporting stars taking part in the procession. They are travelling through the city on open-top floats, with many of them showing off their medals.
However a number of high-profile names... read more
- 00:23 What a motley crew of British fascists got up to in WWII
- 00:23 Highways to hope
- 00:23 Rugby League: Bulls suffer defeat to Giants in first game
- 00:23 Tennis: Murray sent packing by world number 50
- 00:23 Alexis the saviour with late penalty
- 00:23 Making billions from Saudi Arabia’s war crimes
- 00:23 Grassroots rally against Labour right land grab
- 00:23 The government’s racist housing policy
- 00:23 Turkey: Erdogan launches bid to seize greater powers
- 00:23 Trump pulls plug on TPP trade deal
- 00:23 Gambia: Jammeh agrees to relinquish power
- 00:23 Build bridges not walls, says planet
- 00:23 McDonnell pours cold water on Ukip dreams
- 00:23 World ‘has stopped watching’ apartheid
- 00:20 Lagos living: Solving Nigeria's megacity housing crisis
- 00:20 David Moyes makes worrying revelation about Sunderland squad after...
- 00:20 Sam Allardyce facing crisis at Crystal Palace after Everton defeat
- 00:20 Israel's Modiin Energy plans to buy North Sea drilling rights
- 00:18 New Stranraer manager Stevie Farrell eyes dream double as he begins...
- 00:18 Friends reunited? Queen of the South midfielder Joe Thomson admits...
- 00:18 How we built India's biggest robot company
- 00:18 Why Bill Clinton helped a 33-year-old build a $1bn firm
- 00:18 The Crusader: Caterer stuck with two phone bills after smartphone...
- 00:18 City news: House prices, Noble Foods and BT
- 00:18 Share Hunter: Ladbrokes Coral prove it’s better together
- 00:15 John Sheridan apologises for shocking rant in which former Notts...
- 00:15 Liverpool boss Jurgen Klopp admits the need for new signings...
- 00:14 Search for company to design, build and maintain trains for HS2...
- 00:14 Teenager remanded in custody over Leonne murder
- 00:14 Aston Villa boss Steve Bruce blasts striker: I won't have anarchy