Herne Bay rail death: 'Electrocuted' teenager was 'amazing girl'
A 16-year-old girl thought to have been electrocuted on railway tracks was "beautiful inside and out" and "an amazing girl", her mother has said.
Taiyah Pebbles was found dead at Herne Bay station in Kent shortly before 07:00 BST on Wednesday.
She was last seen with a group of friends near the station at about 23:00 the previous evening.
A vigil was held in her memory at the scene by her friends and family on Wednesday night.
More on this story and other news from Kent
Friends carried balloons and candles and laid flowers in tribute to the teenager.
Lauren Allen... read more
- 12:10 People of west Cumbria will be left with "second class service"...
- 12:10 Pop star Lee Brennan hosting Oasis-themed World Cup party in Carlisle
- 12:08 Saints 'ticking all the boxes' for prop star Franks
- 12:07 Police warn motorists: 'We'll be pulling YOU over if you drive this...
- 12:07 Sort it out! Council leader's plea to resolve hospital dispute
- 12:06 Women spends three years converting an old bus into a luxury...
- 12:05 Worksop man sentenced for role in organised theft of vans in three...
- 12:04 Tributes paid to RAC patrolman killed in collision on A617
- 12:03 Kia reveals third generation Ceed
- 12:03 Free travel on the Metrolink offered as part of Clean Air Day
- 12:02 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 12:02 British Airways cancels 'incorrectly' cheap tickets
- 12:02 Protesters get on their bikes against fracking
- 12:02 Bithumb: Hackers 'rob crypto-exchange of $32m'
- 12:01 Amazon Alexa horrifies owner by declaring ‘Every time I close my...
- 12:01 Police appeal over missing nine-year-old Anita-May Davidson
- 12:01 Man, 45, stabbed in Finchley Park, Kingstanding - what neighbours...
- 12:00 Moving to the cloud makes good sense
- 12:00 Consultation launched into plans to expand Sheffield secondary...
- 12:00 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 12:00 Sheffield cancer survivor praises “fabulous” NHS
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Sheffield pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:59 REVIEW: Beautiful - The Carole King Story, Opera House, Blackpool
- 11:59 Music interview: Nile Rodgers on returning to Glasgow’s Kelvingrove...
- 11:58 Alan Sugar under fire over 'racist' Senegal World Cup team tweet
- 11:57 Bridge lighting up for MND Day
- 11:57 World Cup beer shortage could hit Doncaster pubs and supermarkets
- 11:55 How to get your Netflix membership cheaper - or make it completely...
- 11:55 Spitfire flypast highlight of action-packed Armed Forces Day in...