Here’s why some farts smell awful (but others smell delish), according to science
If you’ve ever let one go and then wondered, ‘Jesus, what’s happening inside me?’ science may well have the answer.
If your bowels are producing what Johnny Fartpants in Viz used to describe as a ‘beefy eggo’, it’s probably down to your healthy diet, an expert has said.
On average, most of us fart around 10 to 20 times a day, according to Ohio State University researchers.
But the big question (for many of us) is why some farts smell so awful, but others barely smell at all.
Flatulence expert Dr Myron Brand, writing for Thrillist, says it’s all perfectly natural – but some foods are worse... read more
- 08:44 Dusky thrush in Bealy - hundreds head to Derbyshire to spot this...
- 08:44 Hull City news and rumours LIVE - Mike Phelan 'needs help' in...
- 08:43 European shares on a fourth quarter high as banks gain further ground
- 08:43 Female Afghan cyclists push boundaries one wheelie at a time
- 08:43 Dubai Ladies Masters suspended after caddie DIES during play
- 08:43 WEIRD WINTER WEATHER: Temperatures to top balmy 12C
- 08:43 Horrendous mess left by bin rakers scouring for personal details in...
- 08:43 Ex-Harrogate filmmaker set for Q&A at Everyman tonight
- 08:43 County Council leaders lobby MPs at Westminster
- 08:43 Keepers of poultry warned to keep birds inside to protect from bird...
- 08:41 Piccadilly Circus’s famous billboards to be switched off – for months
- 08:40 'Revamped care home is like our own 5-star hotel' - pictures
- 08:40 Manchester City manager Pep Guardiola: Patrick Roberts' goal was...
- 08:40 Caddie dies at Dubai Ladies Masters after collapsing with heart issue
- 08:39 Humza Yousaf caught driving without insurance
- 08:39 Rolling road block on M54 after lorry drives the wrong way
- 08:39 WIN: Meals, hotel stay, tickets and more in £1,000 Christmas cracker
- 08:38 Traffic alert: Vehicle fire forces M1 lane closures near Wakefield
- 08:37 Bird flu warning: keepers told to keep poultry inside
- 08:37 China Nov forex reserves fall more than expected to $3.05 trillion,...
- 08:37 From-the-ashes Chorley pub gets a fine new look
- 08:36 BBC faces investigation for ‘insulting’ new Thai king – website...
- 08:35 Chelsea hammer blow as Premier League rivals slap mammoth price-tag...
- 08:33 Cumbria coroner hears of patient's six months of 'hell'
- 08:32 Arsenal complete move for ex-Chelsea ace Zech Medley in shock deal
- 08:32 Barcelona reach peak tiki-taka with impressive Champions League record
- 08:31 Shares in Monte dei Paschi rise strongly at open
- 08:31 Arsenal star Alex Iwobi: How it felt to end my goalscoring drought...
- 08:31 Chelsea Premier League winner: This is what Antonio Conte has...
- 08:30 A590 traffic chaos set to last for another week