Help! Thousands of chafer bugs have gobbled up our garden
A GARDEN proud Scunthorpe couple have had their lawn destroyed by an infestation of grass-eating grubs.
Michael and Helen Clark, of Ferry Road West, have spent £4,500 trying to save their carefully tended front lawn - but have been forced to surrender and dig it up in a final bid to eject the ravenous and rather large chafer beetle grubs from their garden.
The large, white and not very pretty grubs feed on and weaken grass roots, meaning that birds and other wildlife are able to easily rip up the lawn when in search of a grub shaped snack.
And worst of all, there's no getting rid of them.... read more
- 16:09 Road concerns could delay new store plans
- 16:09 Warning to drug users over dangerous heroin mix
- 16:09 Tattoo Fixers TV show wants people from Coventry for new series
- 16:09 How parents can apply for 30 hours of FREE childcare right NOW
- 16:09 What to do if you suspect your neighbours are growing cannabis
- 16:09 Teen victim of viral bullying video is having BOXING LESSONS to...
- 16:09 Police in Whitehall arrest man armed with knives over suspected...
- 16:08 Lorna’s a knock-out Masterchef
- 16:08 Driver caught doing almost 100mph on A55...with five-year-old not...
- 16:08 Byfield Scouts put survival skills to test
- 16:07 University of Chester chefs win big at national skills competition
- 16:07 Northern Rail RMT strike will cut the number of trains out of...
- 16:07 Communities across Scotland mark International Workers’ Memorial Day
- 16:07 WATCH footage of two women police want to talk to in connection...
- 16:07 Pharmacy opening times for the May bank holidays in Burton,...
- 16:06 Bowland Explorer will connect rural communities
- 16:06 UK mobile network performance best in Belfast area
- 16:06 Hackers used Microsoft Word bug 'for months'
- 16:06 Joey Barton ban is harsh, Eric Cantona got less - Burnley boss Sean...
- 16:06 Alvaro Morata considers Juventus return amid Chelsea’s interest
- 16:06 Manchester United’s Paul Pogba is overrated and lucky to have a...
- 16:06 Trampoline park rejected on health and safety grounds - but it's...
- 16:05 Mum writes to school and says daughter is ‘done’ with homework
- 16:05 Young people in Hartlepool appealing for unwanted bikes
- 16:05 Couple charged in connection with theft of more than £60,000
- 16:05 Well-wishers send their love to brave Bradley Lowery
- 16:04 Doctor Who season 10: Director reveals THIS scene was deleted from...
- 16:04 'End the injustice!'- Plea by Venezuelan official's son stirs nation
- 16:04 Mansfield runner’s London Marathon journey
- 16:04 Passionate Match.com date ended with plate smashing in Mansfield