Help for churches in fight with lead thieves
Lead thefts at more than 20 churches in Oxfordshire this year has seen the launch of an appeal to give churches the means to fight back.
The Oxfordshire Historic Churches Trust (OHCT) has launched its Alarms for Churches Appeal to help villages and local communities install alarm systems to protect their church roofs.
The appeal aims to cover half the cost involved in installing an electronic alarm system, up to £2,500 per church.
OHCT’s trustees are guaranteeing to pay this for the first 12 churches which apply and are appealing urgently to the public for more funds so that all the most... read more
- 11:39 VIDEO: The calm before Storm Doris
- 11:39 Frustrations increasing over travellers in Warwick
- 11:39 National Express raises free cash flow outlook on international demand
- 11:39 Eight dead and 20 injured after bombing in Pakistan shopping centre
- 11:39 Spanish club offers women free entry, drink & £85 if they go...
- 11:38 #FlyDSA: “My house to Paris in just three hours - I was amazed!”
- 11:38 Time extension for Pavilion Gardens marquee
- 11:38 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:38 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Health Column: Time to protest as Government is turning blind eye...
- 11:37 Router hacker suspect arrested at Luton Airport
- 11:37 What’s On around Harrogate: Your listings guide for the week ahead
- 11:37 Love a man in uniform? Not if you live in Burnley
- 11:37 Storm Doris develops into ‘Weather Bomb’ say Met Office officials
- 11:37 Burnley has been "misled and let down" by the Government
- 11:37 Safety warning issued over leaking gas hobs
- 11:37 HS2 high-speed rail project passes final hurdle
- 11:37 Man arrested after two women stabbed in Huddersfield
- 11:36 Brits are ditching their polite reputation to become excellent...
- 11:35 Police welfare a priority insist force bosses
- 11:36 EXCLUSIVE: Ronda Rousey has nothing to be ashamed of - Bellator...
- 11:35 If you’re having a crap morning, just look at these polar bear babies
- 11:35 Shadow Housing Minister’s pledge for more affordable homes in...
- 11:35 Wheelchair challenge to transform 20 lives
- 11:35 Bloomers come back bigger and better
- 11:35 Did you see Mickleover crash which left girl with broken left?
- 11:34 TAS plan follow-up to "amazing" Kenyan school visit
- 11:34 BAE Systems expects earnings boost from U.S. defence spending
- 11:34 UK shop sales rise but retailers worry about inflation - CBI
- 11:34 Skeleton of eight foot ‘serpent’ washes up in Cornwall