Helicopter crashes en route to Chevron Angola oil platform, at least four dead
Four people died and two were missing after a helicopter crashed en route to a Chevron oil platform off the Angolan coast, the U.S. oil company said on Tuesday.
The helicopter left Malongo port in Angola's Cabinda province on Monday at 1523 local time to make the short journey to the Tombua-Landana offshore oil platform but never arrived.
"The helicopter did not reach its intended destination. It was carrying five passengers and one pilot," Chevron said in a statement, adding that one of the passengers was an employee while four others were contractors.
"Extensive search and... read more
- 06:21 Big Issue: Party costumes - what happened to the boundaries of...
- 06:21 Michael Brown says Port Vale must be prepared to go direct at times
- 06:21 A bird’s eye view of Daventry’s past
- 06:21 Stoke City's first 99 Premier League wins in pictures - PART THREE
- 06:21 Chesterton residents: 'Move these unsightly bins from outside our...
- 06:21 Leek drink-driver fell asleep at side of A53 the morning after a...
- 06:21 Eggs of mosquito capable of carrying the Zika virus found in the UK
- 06:21 Staffordshire County Council family support worker jailed for...
- 06:21 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:20 Manchester United boss Mourinho won't be doing this at Stamford Bridge
- 06:21 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:20 Cancer survivor offering performing arts scholarship to children...
- 06:20 Guardiola reveals first Man City concerns after four games without...
- 06:20 Who has been drink-driving?
- 06:20 Bayern defender explains why Man City coach 'never communicates'...
- 06:20 Nottingham’s own Oktoberfest is coming - with exclusive beer,...
- 06:19 Civil War comes to Sibford
- 06:19 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:19 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:19 Pensioner robbed in Banbury town centre
- 06:14 Youngsters make their mark in commmunity
- 06:14 ‘Killer’ Asian Hornet’s UK invasion worse than we thought
- 06:14 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu
- 06:14 Councils fine parents nearly £7 million over children’s school...
- 06:14 Proposed new town in Harborough district could house 7,000 people
- 06:13 Second independence referendum looms as Brexit minister rules out...
- 06:13 Police welcome sentencing of rapist jailed for 10 years after...
- 06:13 Man is jailed for assaulting woman in the Dart Inn in Stapenhill
- 06:13 Jobless in Burton and Swadlincote on the increase, new figures reveal
- 06:13 Costa Coffee adds booze to its menu