HeidelbergCement CEO calm about Brexit, had good August in UK
Germany's HeidelbergCement (HEIG.DE) remains relaxed about the decision of Britain, its second-biggest market, to leave the European Union, and even sees potential positive effects, its chief executive told Reuters.
"August was still a strong month for us," Bernd Scheifele said when asked whether his view had changed since July, when he shrugged off the vote result and said demand had been high since the appointment of Theresa May as prime minister.
(Reporting by Georgina Prodhan; Editing by Christoph Steitz)
- 14:58 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:58 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:57 'It can’t be true': Parma return to Serie A after three straight...
- 14:57 Trump pulls out of North Korea summit
- 14:56 Boys, 15, guilty of Columbine-style school shooting plot
- 14:56 OAP stole £36k from golf club
- 14:56 Society set for scenic spectacular
- 14:56 Donald Trump cancels historic summit with North Korean leader...
- 14:56 Camilla Parker Bowles reveals the Royal Family were worried over...
- 14:55 Champions League final: Liverpool stars snapped boarding plane to Kiev
- 14:55 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear
- 14:54 Couple branded monsters for killing French nanny over bizarre...
- 14:54 Children had more chances under Thatcher than Sturgeon, claim
- 14:54 Louts drinking and climbing on roof at former school site
- 14:54 A proud day for Boulmer as base celebrates Freedom of the City
- 14:53 'Bad trip': air force members guarding nuclear missiles took LSD,...
- 14:53 Court finds Spain's ruling party benefited from bribery scheme
- 14:53 'I love you Mum': more tributes paid on day four of Grenfell inquiry
- 14:52 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:52 TV Choice AND TRAILER: Five of the best shows this week
- 14:52 Special rail summit planned after 'dreadful' performance of Northern
- 14:52 Motorists take care to avoid family of geese walking Barrow's streets
- 14:52 Barrow man cleared of Samurai sword charge
- 14:51 Trump: NFL kneelers 'maybe shouldn't be in country'
- 14:49 Driver faces sentence in June over M55 tragedy in which van driver...
- 14:49 ‘I’ve been screaming from the rooftops that I need help’
- 14:49 Go with the flow: United Utilities' leak-finding sniffer dogs and...
- 14:49 Milnthorpe OAP had indecent photos of children
- 14:49 Vibrant law firm one of fastest growing in North-West
- 14:48 TV Highlight AND TRAILER: Sir Anthony Hopkins is King Lear