Hedge funds in push to curb rules over shorting now that Britain is to leave the EU
Hedge funds are hoping that rules forcing them to reveal short positions could be relaxed or even scrapped when Britain leaves the EU.
Short-sellers, who bet on falls in share prices, must tell regulators if they have a position worth more than 0.2 per cent of a firm’s market value. Their position is made public if it amounts to more than 0.5 per cent.
The rules, introduced after the 2008 financial crisis, are disliked by hedge funds and some are hoping the UK could run two regulatory regimes post-Brexit.
‘People are envisaging a dual regulatory set-up – one equivalent to the EU’s, one... read more
- 07:16 Liverpool news: WATCH Naby Keita score stunning goal for RB Leipzig...
- 07:16 Liverpool news: Frank Lampard makes bold Premier League and...
- 07:16 Chelsea news: Antonio Conte has the future of Stamford Bridge at...
- 07:16 Ashes: England reveal team for first Test as Jake Ball gets the nod...
- 07:16 Red flags everyone should look out for when they’re dating
- 07:15 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:14 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:13 Sellafield workers strike today in row over pay
- 07:13 Hull Live: Breaking News, traffic and travel from Hull and East...
- 07:13 Shrimps can’t keep failing to fire
- 07:11 Sellafield workers strike today in row over pay
- 07:11 Funerals, birthdays and potentially even his own wedding -...
- 07:10 Australian school apologises for 'suggestive' saint statue
- 07:09 Man City manager Pep Guardiola reacts to Feyenoord win and Phil...
- 07:09 Manchester United predicted line up vs Basel
- 07:09 Singer and actor David Cassidy dies aged 67
- 07:07 The TGI Fridays tug-of-war: Kingswood and city centre tussle over...
- 07:06 Road near Kirkham closed after flooding
- 07:05 Uuganaa Ramsay: Equality and fairness? People with disability are...
- 07:05 James Cant: We’re saving more babies with heart defects thanks to...
- 07:02 Skype removed from China Apple and Android app stores
- 07:02 Manchester United target Antoine Griezmann drops bombshell:...
- 07:02 WWII Spitfire recovered from Owersby field
- 07:02 Vile footage shows police woman being spat at 24 TIMES
- 07:01 Amazon just released a sneak peek at its Black Friday deals
- 07:01 Latest Amazon Black Friday offers include 50% off Timberland shoes...
- 06:59 WWII Spitfire recovered from Owersby field
- 06:58 'World-class' research lab opens at Royal Preston
- 06:58 Road closed in Abbey Village after flooding
- 06:58 Road near Kirkham closed after flooding