Heckmondwike Salvation Army band in need of some festive cheer
There aren’t many people who haven’t heard a Salvation Army brass band at Christmas, whether out and about or at a local carol service.
To many people it isn’t Christmas until they’ve heard the famous music play.
However, this year the Heckmondwike Salvation Army admit they are going to struggle to perform.
It comes after several key members of the band have moved to different areas of the country for work and university.
Lieutenant Yong-Geun Lee, who took over as church leader in Heckmondwike in July, said: “A Salvation Army band is almost as much a part of a traditional English Christmas... read more
- 15:31 This is when the new £2.2M chemotherapy unit will open at Solihull...
- 15:30 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:30 Two desparate offenders tried to steal donated goods from a charity...
- 15:30 Appeal to find owner of CDs handed in at Wellingborough police station
- 15:29 Nasa reveals the truth about whether an apocalypse asteroid will...
- 15:29 Council has written off £2.1 million worth of business rates from...
- 15:29 Leeds lap dancing club Silks allowed to keep trading
- 15:27 Leeds United branded 'disgraceful' after announcing Myanmar tour
- 15:26 Man, 58, arrested in Burton on suspicion of being involved in...
- 15:26 Increased security at Birmingham Airport today - this is why
- 15:26 No spring in the property market's step: Dwindling supplies of...
- 15:25 Burton Albion ladies survive fightback to avenge previous defeat to...
- 15:24 Theatre Review Subtle slant on black and white issues
- 15:24 Music Review Voice and guitar virtuosity from Roberts and Lakeman
- 15:24 Friends take on 621 mile cycle challenge at Rutland Water
- 15:24 Theatre Review Distinctly rocky horror show
- 15:24 Blind Alec goes the distance for Uppingham’s Hopper
- 15:24 Music Review Sax sensations from Steve Williamson
- 15:24 Rutland businesses reap benefits of faster broadband
- 15:24 Theatre Review Soft-focus tribute to a gritty working-class writer
- 15:23 Harry Potter themed party announced for Edinburgh MagicFest
- 15:23 Prom fashion on parade in Alnwick
- 15:23 10 of the best Edinburgh beer gardens you might not know about
- 15:23 Streamers delighted as Jonny joins as manager
- 15:23 Portrait of local laird for sale
- 15:23 Cliff Richard case: Editor has 'no concerns' over helicopter footage
- 15:22 'Facebook in PR crisis mode', says academic at heart of row
- 15:22 More than 1,000 students sign up to compensation claim
- 15:22 Explosives scare: This is what the police have said
- 15:21 Louth Bowls: County League honours for Mixed A