Heavy security ushers England to first training session in Bangladesh
England were flanked by a heavy security presence with armed guards lining the streets as they visited the Shere Bangla National Stadium for the first practice session of the Bangladesh tour.
The England and Wales Cricket Board's security advisor Reg Dickason was reassured over safety concerns following a terrorist attack in Dhaka three months ago that resulted in the deaths of 29 people.
The squad arrived into the Bangladesh capital on Friday night and were safeguarded to their hotel, which is heavily fortified both inside and outside the complex.
And the sheer scale of the protection... read more
- 09:21 Hebburn mum calls for temperature trigger for lifeguard patrols
- 09:20 Yorwaste helps pair into jobs at Seamer Carr
- 09:19 Liverpool fans attacked by masked ‘hooligans’ in Kiev ahead of...
- 09:19 Transforming waste wood into something wonderful
- 09:19 Enjoy high drama on this cliff-top trail
- 09:19 Calling all rebels: Dundee exhibition celebrates 80 years of The Beano
- 09:17 Worrying rise in children referred for mental health treatment in...
- 09:16 Exit polls suggest landslide vote for reform in Irish abortion...
- 09:15 WEATHER: A sunny Saturday for South Yorkshire
- 09:13 Latest news from Berwick Naturalists Club
- 09:12 Police appeal for information after a caravan theft
- 09:10 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:08 Chelsea Clinton: ‘I’ve had vitriol flung at me for as long as I can...
- 09:08 Woman escapes safely after car catches fire on A590
- 09:08 University of Southern California president quits in gynaecology...
- 09:07 Meet the volunteers of the scenic Keighley & Worth Valley Railway
- 09:07 The artist 'beguiled' by a Yorkshire forest
- 09:07 Doncaster's 'eighth wonder of the world': The house made of sand...
- 09:07 How well do you know your road signs?
- 09:06 Conservatives call for ‘simpler’ parking policy in Sunderland with...
- 09:04 Music review: Nina Nesbitt
- 09:04 Music review: Sparks
- 09:04 Music review: Echo & the Bunnymen
- 09:04 Comedy review: Tim Vine: Sunset Milk Idiot
- 09:04 Theatre review: Sunshine on Leith
- 09:02 7 interior design tips for when your home is the size of a shoebox
- 09:01 Irish abortion referendum: exit polls predict landslide for yes as...
- 08:59 Leamington man on the home stretch for his 56 challenges
- 08:56 UPDATE: M6 closed after smash
- 08:55 Liverpool star Mohamed Salah deserves Ballon d'Or over Cristiano...