Heavy security ushers England to first training session in Bangladesh
England were flanked by a heavy security presence with armed guards lining the streets as they visited the Shere Bangla National Stadium for the first practice session of the Bangladesh tour.
The England and Wales Cricket Board's security advisor Reg Dickason was reassured over safety concerns following a terrorist attack in Dhaka three months ago that resulted in the deaths of 29 people.
The squad arrived into the Bangladesh capital on Friday night and were safeguarded to their hotel, which is heavily fortified both inside and outside the complex.
And the sheer scale of the protection... read more
- 10:59 Decision to be made on 2,000 home development for ironworks site
- 10:59 Latest updates after M1 is shut due to 'serious collision'
- 10:58 FreeAgent inks accounting software tie-up with RBS
- 10:58 Baggies close in on midfield target
- 10:58 Survey reveals annual fraud and cybercrime figures for first time
- 10:58 Tresham College seeking employers for careers fair next month
- 10:58 Isle of Wight festival line up 2017: Kaiser Chiefs, Texas, The...
- 10:57 Romania in turmoil as protesters march over plans to pardon...
- 10:57 Jaguar Land Rover fined almost £1m after worker crushed
- 10:56 Diamond faced Rolex stolen in burglary
- 10:56 UK tourists scramble to leave Gambia as troops gather
- 10:55 UPDATE 1-Russia's Sistema says plans to list agricultural business
- 10:55 SNEAK PEEK: What’s in this week’s Derbyshire Times...?
- 10:55 Manchester United to pay Antoine Griezmann £216,000-a-week - report
- 10:55 Iraqi sheep, locals, environment suffer Islamic State oil fires
- 10:55 France's Macron to field candidates in all parliamentary...
- 10:55 May start for Peppermint Junction improvement work in Holbeach
- 10:55 An Edinburgh home that’s an oasis of tranquillity
- 10:54 Great news for Malt Kiln Farm Shop fans
- 10:54 Chelsea legend Gianfranco Zola speaks out on Diego Costa crisis
- 10:53 Black cab and LandRover involved in dock road crash
- 10:52 Doncaster's Vulcan bomber to be put in storage, closed to public...
- 10:52 Overweight Nottinghamshire is becoming diabetic
- 10:52 Liverpool reject bid from Premier League rivals: This is why
- 10:51 Police operation to catch out shops serving alcohol to children in...
- 10:51 Transfer News LIVE: Arsenal done deal, Jesus joins Man City, Man...
- 10:50 Meet the mum who turned tragedy into helping other people
- 10:50 Nearly one in 10 secondary schools are under-performing - but...
- 10:48 VIDEO: Ovenden murder - residents speak of shock
- 10:48 Toddler died after being hit by mum’s car, inquest heard