Heathrow: Most MPs support third runway expansion
Heathrow airport has insisted there is "no delay" in the decision over a third runway and claims most MPs back its expansion.
Ministers have been told the Government's preferred option will be announced next week but will be followed by a "full and fair" public consultation before a final decision is made and then put to MPs.
Prime Minister Theresa May also moved to head off possible Cabinet resignations by giving ministers freedom to speak out against the Government's decision, which has been fiercely opposed by Foreign Secretary Boris Johnson and Education Secretary... read more
- 05:44 Lincolnshire social club trashed TWICE in one week
- 05:43 Best of Muck! Flintshire woman takes up new teaching job...on tiny...
- 05:43 Bible created by North East school children set to be presented to...
- 05:39 Kevin De Bruyne reveals all on his time at Chelsea: What I really...
- 05:34 Tomb Raider: How Lara Croft became a game changer
- 05:34 Missing RAF airman Corrie Mckeague: New possible sighting
- 05:34 San Diego to South China Sea: U.S. Navy tested new command in...
- 05:34 U.N. envoys urge Myanmar to probe killings, arrests in...
- 05:32 This Gwynedd primary school shut after 171 years in...
- 05:30 Liverpool star Adam Lallana: Jurgen Klopp’s told us we have to get...
- 05:22 China says has political promise from West on graft fight
- 05:12 Chelsea hero: This gives Antonio Conte a title race boost - but...
- 05:06 War heroes remembered at two Sheffield events
- 05:06 South Yorkshire TV 'Egghead' won't be extradited over killing claim
- 05:03 Ex-Deutsche banker jailed for killing security guard in Ferrari crash
- 04:57 Market volatility after Brexit vote stifling interest in IPOs
- 04:53 Obama trolls Trump over 'mean tweet' on late night TV
- 04:50 Eddie Alvarez slams Conor McGregor's cardio training ahead of UFC 205
- 04:50 Former team-mate: This Chelsea star is one of the world’s best...
- 04:50 Xavi: I hope Man United boss Jose Mourinho doesn’t repeat this at...
- 04:42 Study urges action on women drinkers
- 04:42 Clean energy call amid claims coal 'undermines climate and...
- 04:42 Market volatility after Brexit vote stifling interest in IPOs
- 04:42 Study links blood pressure risk to traffic noise
- 04:21 First repatriation of Myanmar refugees in Thailand begins
- 04:21 Hong Kong jury to see British banker's "torture video" in murder trial
- 04:17 63 of Birmingham's best clubbing pictures from 6 On Broad Street,...
- 04:04 U.N. wants $200 million to pay Haiti's cholera victims, communities
- 04:02 11 ‘micro-crimes’ you’ve probably committed
- 03:47 New press regulator faces approval decision