Heartbreak for transplant tot Ava Stark as donor pulls out hours before live-saving operation
LITTLE Ava Stark has lost out on a life-saving stem cell transplant for the second time in four months.
The three-year-old was just 24 hours from going into hospital today to start preparing for the procedure.
Her bags were almost all packed when doctors had to tell her mum that the donor had been forced to pull out.
Ava, who will not survive without a transplant, had been calling the mystery donor “my hero” .
Mum Marie told the Daily Record: “I told her she wasn’t going to hospital and she asked why. So I had to tell her she didn’t have a hero any more.”
It’s the second heart-wrenching... read more
- 16:53 Car on fire after crash with lorry on M40 near Warwick services
- 16:53 Former head teacher charged with sexual offences against adults
- 16:53 Prestatyn grandfather stepped in front of train to end torture of...
- 16:53 Take part in charity Swimathon at Melton Waterfield Leisure Centre
- 16:52 Prince Harry draws crowds to Newcastle's Quayside on whirlwind visit
- 16:52 Bridgen calls for Trump apology from House of Commons speaker John...
- 16:52 Was James Bond caught parking illegally in Leicester?
- 16:52 Liverpool plot shock move for £18m West Ham star: Jurgen Klopp has...
- 16:52 MP’s support for councillor
- 16:52 A secret floor, a chauffeur-driven Tesla and exclusive ocean views:...
- 16:52 Tourist in Thailand faces up to a year in prison for 'feeding...
- 16:52 Xbox Scorpio NEWS: Microsoft makes plans for FLASHY new dashboard
- 16:52 Wheel-y neat: Tube-style map reveals how London's web of cycle...
- 16:52 Deadpool 2 news: Rumoured Domino star Kerry Washington RESPONDS to...
- 16:52 You can marry a dog in India and identify as a dragon in Russia:...
- 16:51 Three-car crash causes delays on the A52
- 16:51 Renault unveil 2017 F1 car for the new season that Britain's Jolyon...
- 16:50 Chart-topping American hip-hop star confirms Nottingham date on...
- 16:50 Which Nottingham pub has become a weddings venue?
- 16:49 Challenge Cup draw ‘a real challenge’ for Coventry Bears
- 16:49 Firm enjoys sweet taste of success
- 16:49 Stargazers set to benefit from new observatory in Kielder
- 16:49 Vile Doncaster paedophile jailed for raping young teenager who fell...
- 16:48 On The Wildside
- 16:48 Searching for the lost village of Bunkle
- 16:48 Berwickshire High School reunion planned
- 16:47 Man proposes to girlfriend with beautiful poem tattooed on...
- 16:47 Fleetwood MP inspires students during visit to Rossall
- 16:47 Concert tomorrow to promote folk singer’s new album
- 16:47 Pensioner who died after being hit by a taxi "will be sadly missed"