Heart attack patients who also suffer from THIS face greater risk of death
A study has revealed heart attack patients with long-term health conditions could be at higher risk of death - because they’re less likely to receive sub-optimal care.
The aim of the research was to look into the frequency of missed opportunities to treat people after a heart attack.
A team of researchers from the University of Leeds analysed 693,388 cases of heart attack, in 247 hospitals in England 2003 and 2013.
The researchers looked at treatments that guidelines recommend be considered for patients who had a heart attack.
They assessed how often these treatments were given and... read more
- 09:40 Strictly Come Dancing stars to dazzle on board P&O Cruises in 2018
- 09:40 The Supervet Noel Fitzpatrick set to tour arenas and theatres in 2018
- 09:40 Billy Ocean set for a 13-date party tour in 2018
- 09:46 Midfielder Crooks urges Cobblers to maintain Sixfields ‘feelgood...
- 09:40 5ive and The Hoosiers to WOW at BurtonFest 2018 - here's how to get...
- 09:40 Strictly Come Dancing favourite Giovanni Pernice ready to waltz...
- 09:41 Hundreds take part in poignant memorial walk through Ramsbottom in...
- 09:40 The League of Gentleman Live Again UK tour 2018: Here's how to get...
- 09:41 Drive safely: difficult conditions in Bury this morning
- 09:40 Dirty Dancing – The Classic Story On Stage will be back in theatres...
- 09:41 World War One medals donated to Bury museum after being bought on eBay
- 09:45 Family tributes to British backpacker killed in Sydney
- 09:41 Magical Harry Potter themed steam train to come to the East...
- 09:40 Joe Brown chronicles his 55-year career in Just Joe tour
- 09:45 DERBYSHIRE SNOW: Latest road closures
- 09:40 Fast & Furious Live to bring full-throttle action to arenas around...
- 09:41 'Revolutionary' investment plan for Northern transport
- 09:40 My Fair Lady Musical to perform at the 400 Hall at Repton School
- 09:41 Gemma Atkinson joins dancing pals for Strictly Live Tour rehearsals
- 09:40 Strictly Come Dancing favourites Vincent Simone and Flavia Cacace...
- 09:41 Water company United Utilities' scheme to get people out of debt
- 09:45 Court briefs: Who's been up in court?
- 09:41 Filming for BBC and Netflix show Wanderlust begins in Bury
- 09:40 Jack Jones celebrates his 80th birthday with UK tour
- 09:41 Mum-of-two missing for four weeks was last seen in Bury
- 09:40 Cilla and the Shades of the 60s show set to rock its retro boots again
- 09:41 Pennine Acute named among 10 NHS Trusts whose medical blunders have...
- 09:40 One Man Two Guvnors to be performed in Burton this summer
- 09:44 Family tributes to British backpacker killed in Sydney
- 09:40 The Co-op reveals why it stocks Easter eggs in January