Health minister to visit west Cumbria
A GOVERNMENT health minister is set to visit west Cumbria tomorrow, campaigners have discovered.
The We Need West Cumberland Hospital protest group have been leaked details about the visit.
It will see Philip Dunne, Minister for Health, visit the Whitehaven hospital, which is facing major service cuts.
His predecessor Ben Gummer had promised to visit the area following a meeting with campaigners in London.
Howver Mr Gummer was then promoted in Theresa May's reshuffle and moved out of the Department of Health.
Mr Dunne became health minister, and there have been calls for him to take up the... read more
- 18:42 Rupert Everett gears up for the next chapter: moving in with his mum
- 18:39 View from the Zoo: Valentine joins rest of flock in Lost Kingdom
- 18:36 Mario Mandzukic to Man Utd: Juventus star wants Premier League move
- 18:29 Two people who died were among 15 hospitalised at Mutiny Festival
- 18:27 Mourinho on red alert with Manchester City not interested in Gareth...
- 18:27 Defending French Open champion Jelena Ostapenko out in the first round
- 18:27 Chris Froome wins Giro d’Italia in Rome to join cycling’s exclusive...
- 18:23 Teenager's leg stuck in cattle grid in Wigan
- 18:23 Mohamed Salah injury update: Liverpool star reveals all on...
- 18:22 Music review Wow-factor from wonderful wizard of Os Mutantes and crew
- 18:20 Police appeal after cyclist is injured in collision with car in...
- 18:13 Chennai spot-fixing allegation is outrageous, say Bayliss and Root
- 18:13 Richard Wood fires Rotherham into Championship with playoff final...
- 18:13 Johanna Konta falls at first hurdle of the French Open yet again
- 18:11 F1 Monaco GP: Daniel Ricciardo holds off Sebastian Vettel to secure...
- 18:04 Pet hotel planned for Wigton
- 18:03 Venus Williams loses in straight sets in first round of French Open
- 17:55 Mohamed Salah confident he will be fit for World Cup after injury...
- 17:50 Alex Sandro to Man Utd: Juventus open talks amid rumours that £44m...
- 17:48 Students to sue LSE over 'mouldy and mice-infested flats'
- 17:48 Student housing tempts wealthy investors
- 17:46 Police issue urgent appeal to find missing 12-year-old girl in...
- 17:41 You’ll Never Walk Alone? Jermaine Pennant destroys Loris Karius...
- 17:38 Wartime Village another victory for museum
- 17:37 Lifeboat called out to kayaker and kite surfer off Fylde coast
- 17:37 Blackpool mum who died in Thailand 'was brainwashed'
- 17:36 SNP growth chief warns Corbyn will “never” end Tory austerity
- 17:35 Monaco Grand Prix BLASTED by Lewis Hamilton as ‘least interesting’...
- 17:35 Chelsea transfer news: Cesc Fabregas wanted by TWO La Liga clubs
- 17:35 Mohamed Salah injury: Egypt press give Sergio Ramos verdict after...