Health chiefs: We have to act to make service safe
Serious recruitment difficulties, not cost-cutting, have been blamed for major changes to north and west Cumbria’s health services.
Proposals unveiled by the Success Regime include cutting community hospital beds and downgrading services in the west.
The plan is to care for more people at home, through new care hubs, and reduce the need for hospital stays. Long term this would see the total number of acute hospital beds in Carlisle and Whitehaven drop from a combined total of about 600 to nearer 500.
Meanwhile, more patients requiring emergency care would be transferred by ambulance to the... read more
- 09:42 BBC presenter’s book focuses on Easton Walled Gardens
- 09:41 Taxi driver caught using Costa Coffee cup lid as fuel cap
- 09:40 Man Utd v Chelsea: Former Premier League star makes big prediction...
- 09:38 Manchester City’s Oleksandr Zinchenko: ‘I trained on the streets of...
- 09:38 Children’s charity admits six cases of sexual abuse and...
- 09:37 Wigan man had vile child abuse images on his computer
- 09:36 Dave Seddon’s PNE pressview: The rise of Alan Browne
- 09:36 Winter Olympics 2018: Billy Morgan makes ‘HORRIBLE’ claim after...
- 09:36 Winter Olympics: Ester Ledecka wins two gold medals in DIFFERENT...
- 09:34 Report shows UK has an ‘unhealthy’ relationship with alcohol
- 09:33 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:32 South Tyneside garden waste collections start next month
- 09:32 Trust received funding boost from council
- 09:32 Get ready to be entertained as Customs House announces new shows
- 09:32 Sponsored walk to raise cash for Charlie Cookson Fund
- 09:32 New delays mean pedestrian Tyne Tunnel will be THREE YEARS late in...
- 09:32 Sunderland and South Tyneside health chiefs look to recruit 100...
- 09:32 Fancy a business bank account that does your taxes for you?...
- 09:32 Jarrow transplant survivor backs move to bring in opt-out donor system
- 09:32 Watch out for these seven old-school selling tricks that have moved...
- 09:32 12 tips on giving well to charity: How to make sure your money is...
- 09:32 Meera Sodha’s vegan recipe for kitchari
- 09:29 Shirebrook firefighters come to aid of dog
- 09:28 Lords' Twitter row over Stormont deadlock
- 09:28 Ester Ledecka seals status as Winter Olympics snow queen with...
- 09:26 Finding hidden battle’s history
- 09:26 Firefighters will wash your cars for charity
- 09:26 County’s first female MP to be celebrated
- 09:26 Sinkhole of 'unknown depth' opens ups on Dallamires Lane, Ripon
- 09:26 Yotam Ottolenghi’s potato recipes