Health bosses say we face the end of the NHS as we know it
Health bosses have said the crisis gripping the NHS may signal the end of the health service as we know it.
Chris Hopson, Chief Executive of NHS Providers, the body representing hospitals and ambulance trusts, said it was “just not possible” to carry on unless the NHS received far more money.
Speaking to MPs on the Commons Public Accounts Committee at Westminster, he said: “We have reached the point in the NHS where we can no longer deliver everything that has been asked of the NHS.”
And his warning was echoed by other health bodies.
The Royal College of Surgeons said standards were falling... read more
- 16:59 Victim's jaw broken in seven-on-two gang beating in Northampton
- 16:58 Didi Hamann: Jose Mourinho is taking a huge risk by doing this with...
- 16:58 Arsenal make major summer announcement: Ivan Gazidis speaks out
- 16:58 Police appealing for information after spate of cars thefts near Rugby
- 16:58 Police warning after man approaches girl in Alvaston Park
- 16:58 One third of Brits have sleepless nights worrying about debt
- 16:58 Councillors agree to tackle rural GPs shortage
- 16:58 Bulldozers in move to make pier site safer
- 16:56 Call for spending limit on whole West Midlands Mayor campaign after...
- 16:56 Walney road closed by Police
- 16:56 When will The Chase be back? Anne Hegerty confirms agonising RETURN...
- 16:55 East Midlands ‘most tolerant’ of migrants but ‘hate EU budget’...
- 16:55 Dog coaxed from under car in Chapel St Leonards needs name
- 16:55 Nearly half of Russians want PM Medvedev to quit, says poll
- 16:54 Jose Mourinho orders Manchester United to sign Willian from Chelsea
- 16:53 Chelsea bombshell: Eden Hazard tells friends he wants to join Real...
- 16:53 Ronnie O'Sullivan OUT of World Snooker Championship 2017 after Ding...
- 16:53 Benidorm or bust in car rally for Charnock Richard father son team
- 16:52 Viking battlefield site said to be in Borders
- 16:52 Newcastle United tax raids are 'black cloud on sunshine of...
- 16:52 Bradley Lowery's Sunderland mascot role cancelled as mum shares...
- 16:52 Call for spending limit on whole West Midlands Mayor campaign after...
- 16:51 ‘Caring side of job appealed to me’
- 16:51 Tax fraud probe: What do we know so far? Who has been investigated?...
- 16:49 Airbus secures $6bn Chinese deal for jet....that can take off like...
- 16:47 By George! It’s a cracking bash for patron saint day
- 16:47 Famous Nottinghamshire landmark provides inspiration at one of the...
- 16:46 Seventy years on the job and Monica is still going strong
- 16:46 Residents fear huge college ball will turn Sherbourne into 'party...
- 16:44 Barcelona summer transfer targets: La Liga giants want these stars