Health bodies given guidelines on how to explain why a hospital is closing
The guideline comes as sustainability and transformation plans (STPs) are being drawn up across England to meet significant cuts.
The plans will set out how services in each local region will evolve and become sustainable over the next five years.
But the plans, which are expected to be finalised next month, have been shrouded with controversy, with some saying they are used as a cover for service cuts and hospital closures.
Yesterday, Labour's shadow health secretary Diane Abbott said the STPs were "being used as a cloak for eye-watering cuts and closures of beds, units departments... read more
- 17:01 Everton winger Gerard Deulofeu finally completes AC Milan loan move...
- 17:01 Is this the clue Antoine Griezmann will join Manchester United?
- 17:01 Former PSG chief reveals Zlatan Ibrahimoivc transfer came after...
- 17:00 Man suffers head injuries in Filey incident
- 17:00 Picture of stunning swoop wins national photography prize
- 17:00 Llandudno's Johnny Dough's forced to remove sign by conservation...
- 17:00 Paul Groom murder detectives release CCTV bus passenger images
- 17:00 Gorden Kaye, ‘Allo ‘Allo! actor, dies aged 75
- 17:00 Calderdale offers safe and secure home to Syrian refugees
- 16:59 Business boost for growth corridor
- 16:58 S&P 500 AND NASDAQ NOW DOWN ABOUT 0.6 PCT
- 16:58 Celtic boss Brendan Rodgers expects more transfer business during...
- 16:57 Raver caught with £4,500 worth of ecstasy down his pants at illegal...
- 16:57 The bizarre 'bubble bowl' chair for CATS: £30 invention lets your...
- 16:57 Who is Sean Spicer? What you need to know about the new White House...
- 16:57 Trident 'misfire' farce as Theresa May's Defence Secretary refuses...
- 16:56 British Steel beefs up distribution teams as construction sector...
- 16:55 Nottingham burger restaurant offers all-you-can-eat deal every...
- 16:54 John Joyce re-elected as Addleshaw Goddard’s managing partner
- 16:54 All eight Lincolnshire councils could be abolished saving £150m
- 16:54 Rasen man jailed after knife attack in town centre
- 16:52 Stacey Solomon confesses her sexual fantasies and says she hopes...
- 16:52 'Allo 'Allo! star Gorden Kaye dies aged 75
- 16:48 Four in 10 junior doctors have fallen asleep at wheel
- 16:48 Family of drug dealer ordered to hand over FOUR houses
- 16:48 Extra trains running for Leicester City's FA Cup game at Derby County
- 16:48 Anderson Silva offers advice to Ronda Rousey following UFC 207 loss
- 16:47 Is Tesco offering a bum deal on toilet roll?
- 16:47 ATR boss troubled by competition impact of Bombardier bailout
- 16:46 Government confirm HS2 cannot buy Long Eaton land not linked to...