Health board probe amid claims elderly patients at Lanarkshire hospital could have been given wrong drugs
Claims elderly patients at a specialist ward could have been given the wrong drugs are being investigated by a health board.
The probe was started after three students reported concerns to their lecturer when they returned from a work placement.
A nurse and two nursing assistants from the Lockhart Unit, based in Stonehouse Hospital, Lanarkshire, have been suspended.
The whistleblowing trainees, from the University of West of Scotland, claimed life-saving drugs were not administered properly by qualified staff.
They also alleged that patients were left dehydrated and not supplied with enough... read more
- 10:03 Trees could soon replace streetlights after scientists create...
- 10:03 Where is Grenfell Tower and when was the disaster?
- 10:01 The most shared thing posted to Facebook in 2017 has been revealed
- 10:01 Threave Rovers aim to go top of the South of Scotland League with...
- 10:00 BBC Breakfast: Naga Munchetty SHUNS Charlie Stayt over shock Star...
- 10:00 Murder charge after death of Cumbrian man
- 09:59 Berwick Children’s Centre is praised by Ofsted
- 09:58 The devil is REAL: Pope says Satan MORE INTELLIGENT than mortals in...
- 09:58 NOT AGAIN! Santa's Sleigh attacked for a second time in Bridlington
- 09:58 Chelsea tipped to use Michy Batshuayi as bait to land Monaco ace...
- 09:58 Joanna’s Apprentice dream crsuhed after “savage” interview round
- 09:57 Bryn Terfel is the latest star to quit Tosca
- 09:56 Teen Tyler remembered for his ‘infectious giggle’
- 09:56 Football club’s stand against male suicide
- 09:56 Sweets expert reveals country's favourite Christmas confections
- 09:54 Win tickets to see Sunderland AFC take on Fulham FC
- 09:54 Sunderland children's services spend £7.7million on agency staff as...
- 09:53 ASOS launches new Star Wars collection
- 09:53 The Christmas tractor run returns in aid of Katharine House
- 09:53 Top UN award for Pock Man
- 09:52 Black Friday lifts UK retail sales in November
- 09:52 Girl saves dad’s bakery with single tweet
- 09:51 VIDEO: Police and forensics on the scene as Buckingham Street in...
- 09:50 Rumours: Barcelona to continue pursuit of Liverpool star
- 09:49 Liverpool news: Jurgen Klopp targets Atletico Madrid ace Sime...
- 09:49 St Mirren boss Jack Ross calls for greater protection for star man...
- 09:49 Nelson woman accused of pocketing £71,000 from Burnley care home
- 09:49 India 'religious murder' case: Donations for suspect blocked
- 09:48 Number of people considered homeless jumps by 6%
- 09:48 Satellite pictures show just how much snow fell across Derby and...