Health board fined over missing pensioner
NHS Forth Valley has been fined £8,000 for failing to ensure the safety of a pensioner who was found dead a week after going missing from a hospital.
Alexander "Sandy" Gerrard, 69, went missing from the former Bonnybridge Hospital, near Falkirk, in May 2011.
He was seen a few hours later more than seven miles away on the outskirts of Kilsyth, North Lanarkshire.
His body was found by members of the public in the Forth and Clyde Canal, near Kilsyth.
Police had launched a major search including specialist dogs, thermal imaging equipment and a helicopter for Mr Gerrard, who was... read more
- 18:38 NHS preparing to offer ‘game changing’ cancer treatment
- 18:37 Lewis Hamilton holds Sebastian Vettel in higher regard a year after...
- 18:36 Wednesbury floods: Devastated residents warned clean-up could take...
- 18:36 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:35 2 knives and suspected drugs seized from men in Leicester city centre
- 18:35 Top Uk student Award for Moulton highflyer Holly
- 18:35 Sutton Bridge amputee in plea to council over footpath access
- 18:35 Thousands sign petition demanding raven cull plan is scrapped
- 18:35 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:35 Abandoned pony found with severe burns from ‘chemical attack’
- 18:34 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...
- 18:34 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:33 NHS preparing to offer ‘game changing’ cancer treatment
- 18:32 Atletico Madrid have one BIG advantage over Arsenal – Luis Garcia
- 18:32 Man Utd News: Jose Mourinho receives transfer boost over Bayern...
- 18:31 Bangor City FC fail to confirm domestic licence for next season
- 18:30 Ben Ainslie gets America's Cup funding from backer of Brexit and...
- 18:30 Legal action could force Sheffield strip club Spearmint Rhino out...
- 18:30 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...
- 18:30 Blackout warning after collision damages power line in Rotherham
- 18:29 Granddad on life support after ‘choking on hospital sandwich’...
- 18:29 Ken Loach responds angrily to Belgian PM in antisemitism row
- 18:28 Violent crime hits ten-year high in Yorkshire
- 18:28 Alfie Evans: Dad wants to build Alder Hey hospital relationship
- 18:28 PFA insist Harry Kane 'appreciated' goal joke and say Tottenham...
- 18:28 Liverpool midfielder Adam Lallana tops up his tan after trip to...
- 18:27 Buildings demolished to make way for Porsche Centre
- 18:26 Murder accused told French nanny she knew Donald Trump and had...
- 18:26 Donald Trump to finally make controversial UK visit and it falls on...
- 18:24 Sheffield bouncer urges judge to pass lenient sentence on man who...