Health and Care Awards 2017: Why care home group Hica could come top for innovation
They are constantly on the look out for ways to improve the wellbeing of their care home residents.
And now Hull and East Riding based care home group Hica is in the running for a Hull Daily Mail Health and Care Awards.
Leading the way when it comes to innovative practice, the group has invested in tablet computers in 14 of its care homes to help residents better stay in touch with their families across the world.
Hica Group chief executive Penni Brown said: “The tablet computers will allow Hica Group activity coordinators to communicate, access reminiscence activities with residents,... read more
- 09:28 Steve Bruce's verdict on Lewis Grabban - the full Aston Villa press...
- 09:28 Every word Steve Cotterill had to say after Birmingham City were...
- 09:28 Man hurt as car ends up in Doncaster ditch
- 09:28 Barratt considers shifting production from Germany to UK
- 09:28 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:27 Value our inspirational teachers
- 09:26 Crooks backing old pal van Veen to be a big hit at Cobblers
- 09:26 Blaze at glass recycling plant in South Kirkby near Pontefract
- 09:25 Wraps come off new BMW X4
- 09:25 Body found in middle of M20 motorway closes road
- 09:25 Chelsea News: Hazard talks Barcelona draw, Courtois' Real Madrid...
- 09:25 Police find cannabis bush worth £4,000 in house raid in Sheffield
- 09:25 Warwick primary school pupils get a helping hand planting spring bulbs
- 09:25 Eddie Hearn targets August showdown with Jarrell Miller for Anthony...
- 09:24 Why Darkest Hour should win the 2018 best picture Oscar
- 09:23 'Affordable' housing in Bilton: new meeting announced
- 09:23 Good Morning Britain’s Susanna Reid forced to interrupt seriously...
- 09:23 First picture of Wolverhampton murder victim Sarbjit Kaur
- 09:22 Barrow woman accused of harassment to appear on trial
- 09:22 Attempted child abduction at Northampton town centre pub
- 09:22 Four injured in Doncaster motorway crash
- 09:22 Brendan Cole age, net worth and was he was sacked from Strictly for...
- 09:22 Lloyds' profits surge to record £5.3bn in the year banking giant...
- 09:21 Reckless scaffolder caught working 60ft high with nothing to stop...
- 09:20 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:19 Kevin the Carrot gets the chop after a single complaint about an...
- 09:19 Keep our town clean and tidy
- 09:19 The Chorley promoter looking to make waves in the music industry
- 09:19 Jamie Allen says Burton Albion's defeat of Barnsley is no less than...
- 09:19 Tributes flood in for Garstang champion Norah Hoyles