'He could have died' Mum of baby who stopped breathing told 'wait your turn' by hospital receptionist
A mum with a baby who had stopped breathing was shocked when she was told to sit down and 'wait her turn' after rushing her son into A&E.
Daveanah Cowie has slammed Derby Royal Hospital after a receptionist failed to notice the severity of seven-week-old Tommy-Lee's condition.
The young mum said she had little choice but to ignore the request. She found a doctor who resuscitated and put him on a life support machine.
The 21-year-old, from Alvaston, said her baby “could have died” if she had not acted quickly.
Tommy-Lee was found to have bronchitis and has been in hospital since November... read more
- 12:22 'There is no kosher meat': the Israelis full of zeal for going vegan
- 12:21 Liverpool transfer rumour: Reds linked with stunning approach for...
- 12:21 Donna’s epic ninth marathon is no small feat!
- 12:20 Alton Towers forced to close all rollercoasters on day of...
- 12:20 Boys rescued from Birnbeck Island cut off by tide
- 12:20 Machete attack in Manchester city centre bar
- 12:20 Schools and nurseries warned over scarlet fever rise
- 12:20 'Bored stiff' Paignton pensioner retires aged 91
- 12:20 Enfield murder: Man dies after being shot and stabbed
- 12:19 MAN WITH TWO DOGS: The shifting sands of time
- 12:19 Carlisle man recalls the very late, great genius of Sir Ken Dodd
- 12:17 Workington man stole scratchcards to cover payday loans
- 12:17 Alton Towers turn up the heat with brand new ride - our review
- 12:15 Six Nations 2018, Italy vs Scotland LIVE: Latest score and updates...
- 12:15 RECENT NOSTALGIA: Arabic singing workshop
- 12:15 Walney pupils delighted to get to work in transformed allotment space
- 12:15 Kids 'as young as 10' used by drug gangs in Lancashire
- 12:15 Simply the best B&B near Spilsby
- 12:15 Full cost of complaints against councillors in Copeland revealed
- 12:15 Inside home near Bradgate Park with Aga cooker, fitted dressing...
- 12:15 Jump park gets thumb up at last - in Ingoldmells
- 12:14 Dramatic rescue of ill passenger from cruise ship caught in stormy...
- 12:13 Virtual reality app highlights road safety
- 12:11 Early opening date for Chop House Bruntsfield
- 12:10 Nidderdale Voices: David Gomersall
- 12:10 Kids 'as young as 10' used by drug gangs in Lancashire
- 12:09 Liverpool target flattered by Real Madrid transfer talk
- 12:09 The 12 most annoying shirt numbers in the Premier League - starring...
- 12:09 Special health feature: Tackling chronic kidney disease in the East...
- 12:09 Fresh and bold show deserves first plaice